Monday, August 1, 2016

The Simple Woman Daybook



For Today~ August 1, 2016

Wow, where did July go!!??!!


Looking out my window... 
It is bright and sunny  but the  grass is  wet frm the  rain last night  so Hubs is waiting for the grass to dry so he can get out and mow  early!!
I am thinking.
about  how maddening  the last few days have been.. we finally upgraded to Microsoft 10 but have had major computer issues... slow and  unresposive...  been treaking and researching  since Friday... so it is some  better... finally.  

I am thankful..
for the slight change in the weather...  storms have brought a slight  drop in the temps and  the outlook  is even better...

I am wearing...
my  louging pj's... need to get ready to go to the grocery store soon!

I am watching...
last night I enjoyed watching  The Food Network Star finale...  My f avorite  gal won!
Tregaye!
 Her photo will not  show!
Also, while surfing the net I discovered that one of my favorite shows from last season was on PBS...
Now this is  real baking  at its finest!
Image result for the great british baking showImage result for the great british baking show
Image result for the great british baking show
I am still reading...


 

I am listening to...
talk radio



I am hoping... 

to  bake something great for  our guests coming tomorrow... a cousin and her  teen grandkids... need to  go shopping and get something awesome!

I am learning...
find my peace in God alone... peace that lasts and is trustworthy! I know I have used this for some weeks  but life has never before needed this lesson and  its  application!

In the kitchen...
baking... baking... baking 

In my garden~
if the clouds come I would love to be able to de-weed the main flower bed.. it has gone WILD!!!
But I need cool and shade to do this!

Board Room
shared from my pinterest board 
on days like these this is my secret place.. 













Pinned by This Old House 





Salvaged materials, lavish plantings, vintage collectibles—and some sleight of hand—create a new garden with old-world character 

Shared Quote


A moment from my day...


Every time sit down to read and do my Bible study I get  distracted by the room....  I think it needs a  makeover...  I have obviously been  overwhelmed with projects from other rooms... I need to wrap my mind around this one!!!

Closing Notes
Psalm 34
I will extol the Lord at all times;
    his praise will always be on my lips.
I will glory in the Lord;
    let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
Glorify the Lord with me;
    let us exalt his name together.
I sought the Lord, and he answered me;
    he delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant;
    their faces are never covered with shame.
This poor man called, and the Lord heard him;
    he saved him out of all his troubles.
The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him,
    and he delivers them.
Taste and see that the Lord is good;
    blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.
Fear the Lord, you his holy people,
    for those who fear him lack nothing.
10 The lions may grow weak and hungry,
    but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.
11 Come, my children, listen to me;
    I will teach you the fear of the Lord.
12 Whoever of you loves life
    and desires to see many good days,
13 keep your tongue from evil
    and your lips from telling lies.
14 Turn from evil and do good;
    seek peace and pursue it.
15 The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,
    and his ears are attentive to their cry;
16 but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil,
    to blot out their name from the earth.
17 The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them;
    he delivers them from all their troubles.
18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
    and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
19 The righteous person may have many troubles,
    but the Lord delivers him from them all;
20 he protects all his bones,
    not one of them will be broken.
21 Evil will slay the wicked;
    the foes of the righteous will be condemned.
22 The Lord will rescue his servants;
    no one who takes refuge in him will be condemned.




3 comments:

  1. You have such a lovely blog! I really enjoyed visiting and reading your Daybook. I hope you have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Windows 10, but it did come with a major glitch for me. Not the slowness you described, but it refused to communicate with my printer. I put my son to work on it (he is good at that sort of thing) and he couldn't make it work. Windows knew it was a problem and even offered a "patch" on their web site, but it didn't work, either. So...one perfectly good printer is now unusable. I've been making do all summer, but will have to break down one of these days and go shopping for a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My flower beds have gone wild too. Love the froggy planter.
    That's one of my favorite Psalms. "Taste and see that the Lord is good."
    My August SW Daybook post is up - at Practically at Home.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~