Thursday, March 8, 2012

All Things Bright and Beautiful ,Well that you can eat on!


Thursday Favorite Things
Katherine hosts this  blog hop each week   where  participants  share  their favorite things.... 
Well, I am a sucker for   dishes....   If   storage was no problem I'd hate to think   how many sets I would  have....   sad to say however, that  of all the sets I
 do have,    my wedding   pattern is my least favorite,  so I very rarely  use  them unless I am feeding  an army  ... since I have a set of 12....

   I so much prefer  the  dishes  we inherited from Lynn's mother....   I love the  bolder  color and the genteel look of  them...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Then about 10 years ago  I  found a great  set of 8 online  that I  used  for  Christmas, and other holidays  just a very  simple off white  trimmed in gold.....
 Photobucket
I do love these because they  set a  nice  formal dinner   at any
season  in  any mood! 
A few years ago  I  fell in love with  transferware and    started  seaching for the red  odd pieces....   love to  mix and match the  English pattern...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Then I  found   The Herdsman in black, and  my  fickle heart  was leaping for joy!
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Then please , just dont let me near  Marshall,s right after payday....  I have no  will power....   the prices are just too  tantalizing.
Photobucket
My everyday   dinnerware is   a   simple  white    so useful in any  mood and season as well...
Photobucket
Photobucket  
Oh, the combinations are  endless,  but    and  that isn't even all the  dishes I have....    but you get the idea!   And I  have inherited my mother's  beautiful  Apple dishes    now  where one earth can I store those!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Your china is beautiful! I especially love the pattern of your mother in law and also the transferware patterns. I adore dishes too and have four sets of fine china and two sets of everyday china. I found three sets of my china on craigslist at a fraction of their worth and added to complete the sets through eBay or replacements limited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All so gorgeous!!!!! Hope to see you at the Thursday linky party this week. xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~