Tuesday, March 13, 2012

St. Paddy's Blog Crawl




Kathleen of Cuisine Kathleen is hosting the 4th Annual St. Patrick's Day Blog Crawl~ today! It's time to go green and share the joys of St Paddy's Day and celebrate our Irish roots. 





Time to bring out the Belleek China and the shamrocks, 





Green is the color of my true love's eyes, and the color of the day!!!





both indoors and out!





it's a time for planting, a time for growing...





A time for budding, and bursting forth in spring!!


Celebrate the greening!








Celebrate our Celtic heritage in faith and song!





Time to celebrate my Irish roots....






Make merry with mirth and glee!


Over a cup of tea!!


My family (O'Huigins) hailed from County Kilkenny from around Waterford, Ireland....They migrated here in the 1600's and moved across the state of Virginia seeking a land to call their own... They found a lovely valley deep in the Blue Ridge chain and settled there, raising horses and building a farmstead that would see several generations grow and populate the SW Virginia county of Grayson.. A fun loving folk they were known for their tale telling and good humour! I like to think I am a chip off the ole block!!! My students always told me I told the best stories!!!!!
For my goodness,  our homeland is a land of   beauty  filled with dreams!

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely celebration of our Irish roots! I love those tea cups! I am your newest follower, hope you are a follower too, so I can enter you in the raffle!
    Thanks so much for joining the blog crawl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lovely lady.
    Schotzy, your Belleek China is Gorgeous. I would love to have a cup of tea with you.!! You have a beautiful home. I'am your newest follower on your Blog now. I hope you will come follow my Tablescapes also. Hoping you have a wonderful week with your family.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nice post! Happy St. Patrick's Day-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your Irish greens are lovely. How pretty your Belleek china is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The eyes of my true love are also green, but that is as Irish as we get, except on this most fun of holidays! I'm following you and hope to see much more! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. My younger daughter has green eyes, although we are Scot and French. As they say, we're all Irish on St. Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I'm late to arrive, but I've been away from my computer. Enjoyed reading your post. Green eyes are special. Happy St. Patrick's Day! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~