Monday, March 12, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook





FOR TODAY March 12, 2012


Outside my window...a mild and glorious  day


I am thinking...  God is good,  God is great!   He is there  all the time and   I must never forget that!


I am thankful..for    my  sweet husband  who  spoils me   so  terribly and    is  a joy to have home  with me in his retirement


In the kitchen...  veggies galore.....  fresh asparagus,   yummy    fresh  broccoli,  and    stupendous baked sweet potatoes  with a smattering of   fresh creamery butter and a dash of salt.....   tastes so goooood!




I am wearing...  grey slacks and  dove grey turtleneck




I am creating..just not into the creative  jibe these days


I am going... to be singing   a couple  of  solos in our spring concert coming up in May....   that is  pretty exciting for me!


I am wondering...   how many books can I handle at one time


I am reading...


 Karen Kingsbury's   Beyond Tuesday Morning,  the 911 Series 
this is the  second in the 911 series and  it is so good I  just have a hard time putting it down!!!!   Highly recommneded!
'Audio  book   Death Comes to Pemberley by P.D. James....  Now I downloaded this book on my ipod and  am listening to it   at night  before bed....  love it.. as it takes off  where  Pride and Prejudice leaves off.....   very cleverly  written!
The Book of James


Mercy Triumphs       by Beth Moore


The Metabolism Miracle  by  Diane Kress, RD, CDE  3 steps to regain control of your weight...permanently
This book comes highly recommended  for   those who are concerned about  lowering their blood sugar and losing weight


I am hoping...     that the new meds  the doctor prescribed  will  really  take off  now and  this  malaise I've had  for   so long will  fly the coop and I'll be  back to normal!!!!!


I am looking forward to....this change in the weather... goodness... high seventies the rest of the week... windows open....  yard work   and  yard planning... lovely!!!!   


I am learning... to  try to  really take every thought captive... for it is  truly our thoughts  that  will get us into trouble every time!!!!




Around the house..  lifting each room  with  more and more  spring time  magic... dispelling the gloom of  winter.....   it's time  for out with the  reds and in with the  pastels!!!!!  Love   it!


I am pondering...as the per  realization of  just how marvelously God  is ordering  each   step along the path that leads to  success and  contentment in Him  for he does know the plans  he has for us... Plans to prosper us and give us a future.....  yet  I in my  willfulness,  chase rabbit trails  and wander  off the path  in disobedience and self gratification.....  this  tenet is so  readily  seen in the  book by Karen Kingsbury....   and I  really  realize the path before me and    purpose  to intentionally stay on the straight and narrow  and  see the  wonders that lie ahead of me... I dont want to miss what  the Lord has planned for me


A favorite quote for today...


Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:

who forgives all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;

who redeems thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with loving-kindness and tender mercies;

who satisfies thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.

Psalms 103:1-5
One of my favorite things..
Photobucket
Planning our road trips  to Boston..... to  see our kids....   last  year I visited solo and    the kids  took me to Newport...  which   just blew my socks off.... this year  we are planning an autumn trip  as  we've never seen  New England in the fall... I can   hardly wait.. and have  browsing  the internet foe lovely beds and breakfasts in Vermont and New Hampshire....  right now I am  totally  mesmerized by the Chesterfield Inn.....   Wow....   

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Monday: Bible Study,figuring out  my  ipod download  from the library... this is such  fun!!!!!, blogtime,  
Tuesday-Doctor's appt, breakfast out,  marketing, visit  mom and dad
Wednesday- work on my Bible Study,  yard work,  laundry
Thursday-  Senior Choir,  luncheon,       work of   Bible Study ,  go to Bible Study
Friday-   free day...   I love to see how  free days   come together.....   sometimes  they are great  sometimes  it is just  simply  work in the basement...
   I think   the basement may win out this week!
Saturday- prayer chapel
A peek into my day...
Photobucket
Mainly Ive been procrastinating  about getting those pansies in the ground!!!!   I mean how hard is that!





Visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook here for more offerings...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~