Monday, March 5, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook









FOR TODAY March 5, 2012


Outside my window..alternating  snow and sun.... nothing  sticking of course!


I am thinking...   it will be  so nice when  spring comes to stay


I am thankful..for   our family,  and  today especially  our daughter  and son-in-law  who   visited with us  a couple of days last week... hence my absence here....


In the kitchen...a savory  late breakfast of  scrambled eggs and sausage  ....  no ideas  for later 
  


I am wearing... still in my   white terry robe  
   


I am creating...nothing  except  this blog  which to me is  quite enough these days


I am going...to pray that   all the meds I am taking for  each of these various   complaints will finally  kick in and  I will reclaim  normalcy in    my systems!!!


I am wondering...    why I havent been listening to liveireland.com more...   Lynn hooked up a wonderful stereo  system to my computer and  the music is  such a joy to me!!!!


I am reading... Karen Kingsbury's   One Tuesday Morning,  the 911 Series....wow  what a great book,, now Im looking for the sequels  to this series.


The Book of James


Mercy Triumphs       by Beth Moore



I am hoping...  to  finally  get in  the mindset to  start clearing out the basement... step one of our   huge  push to   then be able to start dealing  with my parents things and  start work on their house for sale.


I am looking forward to.... tonight...  we are going to the Symphony....


Performed by 

 Symphony Orchestra

 Symphony Chorus

University Concert Choir

University Concert Chorale
 College Children's Choir
American Salute 


 Chichester Psalms 


A Lincoln Portrait 


Make Your Garden Grow 
from Candide


 Adagio for Strings 


Death of A Civil War Soldier 


Thompson Virginia's My Home 

I imagine you  can see this  program  shall really  inspire and  elevate  our heart, mind, and soul!


I am learning...  to  trust God more and not  sweat  things that are going on  in the world...   this is a huge task for me  because  heretofore I have  too easily  gotten   pretty distraught over  things......   I am learning  that superceding  everything  God is on the throne and knows  the outcome... as do we....    we know  how the story ends.....


Around the house..   well, as stated previously,,,   a  ton of  stuff needs to be  eliminated from our basement to make way for  more!!!!!  Yikes!!!!


I am pondering... the  manner in  which  God uses the  very small details of our lives to   create the impetus  for great and mighty works in His kingdom...   as evidenced by the wonderful testimony we had in church on Sunday...
    


A favorite quote for today...
"For not only does sound reason direct us to refuse the guidance of those who do or teach anything wrong, but it is by all means vital for the lover of truth, regardless of the threat of death, to choose to do and say what is right even before saving his own life."      
Deep stuff, certainly..... but in these trying days  when we see  religious  persecution  becoming  more  rampant in the world, one wonders  how long before  we , individually, may be faced with    difficult choices...Lord, help us to be faithful in this!
                                                                                                  AW Tozer, theologian
One of my favorite things..
Photobucket
I love  cherry Activia  yogurt  with a smattering of peanut butter/ dried fruit granola  from Jamison's  Farm!! It just doesnt get any better than that!
  
A few plans for the rest of the week:
Monday: Bible Study,  office time, blogtime,  
Tuesday-Allergy shot,Sunday School event planning luncheon at 419 West,   marketing,    house cleaning,Esther Fast   begins  at sundown today and goes until  sundown tomorrow
  Please note the following  taken form an email I received  over the weekend.....
I   am an avid student of the Jewish  holidays and feasts  as I see  direct correlations  between those days and what is occurring in our world today.....   it behooves us to    learn of these things and   prepare our hearts  as we  never know what we may be facing  in the near future....
Esther Fast 
March 6-7, 2012


Dear friends,

March 6th, at sundown, the Hebrew Fast of Esther begins. March 7th, at sundown, Jews worldwide will begin to celebrate Purim, and rejoice in the “reversal of decrees” that saved the Jewish people from destruction as described in the book of Esther.There has been a growing awareness among many Christian leaders worldwide concerning the acceleration of world events during the month of March 2012.

As Rick Ridings said, “The days leading up to Purim this year may well bring a convergence of decisions in Israel, Iran, and Washington, DC that will affect the future as dramatically as the biblical account of Esther.

In the story of Esther, King Ahasuerus was somehow blinded to the evil conniving of Haman to destroy the Jews, and played into Haman’s hand. But through the fasting and prayers of Mordecai, Esther, and the Jewish people, the king had his eyes opened and took the steps necessary to intervene.

Are we really at such a serious point in history again? Is Iran (ancient Persia in the story of Esther) truly an existential threat to Israel? Many in Washington are deceived by a political doctrine from the era of the Cold War Soviet threat. That doctrine is called “Mutual Assured Destruction”, and stated that the fact that either side could respond with a nuclear strike, assuring the destruction of the aggressor, would be incentive enough to keep the other side from starting a nuclear confrontation. Although that was true of those two cultures, it is not true of Iran today.”

For such a time as this, we are uniting with believers worldwide and our Jewish friends in the fast of Esther from sundown March 6th through sundown March 7th.

• Fast from sundown March 6th through sundown March 7th
• Proclaim an awakening and alertness in this hour concerning matters of national security, especially the security of Israel
• Proclaim a reversal of every decree against Israel. Pray that every “Haman” will be exposed.
• Pray for wisdom and clear understanding for those who make decisions regarding Israel in Jerusalem and Washington DC.
• Proclaim an awakening in Iran that they may seek the Lord. Proclaim the light of God to arise to display the truth of His majesty.
• Proclaim celebration in Israel “as the days on which the Jews had rest from their enemies, as the month which was turned from sorrow to joy for them, and from mourning to a holiday” (Esther 9:22 NJKV).

Wednesday- work on my Bible Study, Thursday-   visit with mom and dad   go to Bible Study
Friday-   free!!!
Saturday- Birthday  breakfast   for a  prayer Sista!
A peek into my day...
Photobucket
Now that my parents are living in Assisted living  and praise God are doing  fairly  well considering  everything.....   my day  begins and ends  with  things I either  must do  that moment,    after while,  or  at least  tomorrow,  and  a boat load of things   out there  that  must be done  regarding the  dispensation of household and  house!      Being  an only child  has  its benefits and its  trials....   but I am thankful to still have my parents  as long as they are relatively free from  discomfort and  they have their mind......are safe, and    content....   that  can be a heavy  job to try to  keep  those things  in alignment... Praise God we have  a Savior  who leads us through  these  heavy places...and  carries our heavy load when we  just can not!




Visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook here for more offerings...





1 comment:

  1. Your yogurt looks delish! The symphony sounds fun and I wish we had snow. Your parents look very happy in the assisted living. That is great they can live together there. Visiting today from SWD :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~