Thursday, October 25, 2012

Butternut Squash Soup




Rooted In Thyme

  IM  joining the   party  at   Rooted in Thyme   and   sharing something  that   was  amazingly simple and  simply divine as well!
   I  was  captivated  by the most lovely  butternut squash this week at the  market   so I   thought I'd   try my hand at   some butternut squash soup...
 Peeling and     cubing  it  weren't exactly   that  simple   but  was   short  shrift  with my new Cutco  knives  Lynn got for my  birthday!!! 

Recipe - Ingredients!

6 tablespoons chopped onion
4 tablespoons butter
6 c peeled cubed butternut squash
3 cups of water
4 cubes chicken bouillon
1/4 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayene pepper
1- 6oz tub of cream cheese

Directions
In a large saucepan, saute onions in
butter until tender. Add squash, water, bouillon, , black
pepper and cayenne pepper. Bring to boil; cook 20
minutes or until squash is tender. I dipped the veggies
out of the pan into the blender with a large spoon
with a bit of the liquid but not all.
Puree squash and cream cheese in a blender or food
processor in batches until smooth. Return to saucepan,
and heat through. Do not allow to boil.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this delicious butternut squash soup recipe on Simple & Sweet Fridays. Happy Halloween!!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~