Friday, June 7, 2019

FFF

Hosted by Susanne!

I love this time of the week.. time to count my blessings!
1.  This has been  a rather quiet week.. not a whole lot going on. But is the kind of week when you can reflect best on the blessings  that   come upon you.. 
This has been a marvelous church week.. we have been attending a new church  that I  absolutely love... it is a small congregation compared to all  our previous churches and the people are so  friendly and welcoming..the pastor has his  Dr. of Divinity from Liberty University and I love his   strong sermons and delivery.. He is now preaching on the revelation,  and this past Sunday it was the war in Heaven, Chapter 12. So powerful   and I love how he brings it home  to  what is going on in the world today.. very timely! 
Image result for crystal spring baptist church
2.  We had such a marvelous Sunday we  visited again on Wednesday night for  prayer and Bible Study... where he  espouses more  about Sunday's topic..  this time he tied it together with an event in Exodus...   never ever heard that before.. I love how he already knows our names and I especially love how vocal with great discussion the   church members are...  for a small  group  they are really  being taught!!  What a blessing!
3.  I  got to do out for breakfast with a great friend earlier this week.. We  talked and talked for hours...  Hubs wondered if I had gotten lost.. when I walked in  well past lunchtime!
Sometimes  we ladies just need to talk!
4.  This morning   I got together with my Prayer Sista's..  We've been getting together   for fellowship and to pray  now for almost 10 years..  It is a  wonderful  friendship..none of us have sisters, so we really feel a kinship  as we  play and pray together!


We get together once a month to  just  catch up and spend some time praying for each other..  Then we  meet  again  in a prayer group at church to lead  corporate prayer with other women.
We just got that group together last Sunday to pray for  our President.
5. I am so loving  the gentle rain we are getting today... just in time to  nourish the new planting we  planted this week..  On Tuesday, hubs had to get his  stitches out  early so we stopped in at a favorite breakfast restaurant  for      our morning meal and then  traveled  almost into the next county to a fabulous country store and  greenhouse.. We bought  trays of  deep red petunias, 3  rose colored geraniums, and  sound  draping   flowers with petite white blooms that  are meant to  drape down over the   brick wall out back. We planted them  that afternoon and   I can imagine how they were grace the gardens with vibrant color and texture... I will take some photos next week to share!!

5 comments:

  1. How fun to have a leisurely breakfast with. Friend and get together with your sisters in Christ.

    Glad you prayed for the "leader" of our country, personally, i can't stand him but i do try to pray for our government.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been attending a much smaller church, too, over the last year. Such a nice family feeling. What a fun breakfast get-together! I have not been out for breakfast in a long time, but I love it when I do go. Sounds like you have a wonderful prayer group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a joy to have friends you can chat with for HOURS. I have a couple of those, too.
    Your new church sounds like a great place!
    Looking forward to seeing the photos of your flowers...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having a prayer group with other ladies sound delightful! Your new church sounds wonderful I like smaller congregations.

    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your friendship and prayer group sound wonderful. There is something about praying regularly with a group that really knits your hearts together.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~ I am so happy to have my return comments to you restored!

Farewell

 After  17 years of   blogging  I am  pretty sad to  just fade  out  with  hardly  anyone showing any   farewell,  concern  about my  surger...