Saturday, June 22, 2019

Saturday 9


Hosted by Samantha!

! 
Saturday 9: Venus in Blue Jeans (1962)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Like the dream girl described in this song, Sam is wearing jeans as she composes this Saturday 9. Is there a lot of denim in your wardrobe?
I would say  yes,  I wear jeans  about a 25% of the time

2) Jimmy Clanton likens this girl to the Venus de Milo, the ancient Greek sculpture made of marble and now on display at the Louvre. Is there any marble in your home?
I have a bit of marble in my shower  niches

3) He refers to his girl as "Mona Lisa with a pony tail." The Mona Lisa is also at the Louvre. What's the last museum you visited? 
Last March when we visited our  daughter in Boston  we actually  went to Worcester  to  a wonderful art museum there..currently they have a glorious collection of  stained glass and Tiffany glass!
John La Farge, The Pool at Bethesda, 1898, stained glass, Gift of Mount Vernon Congregational Church, 1975.100.1
4) This girl is so awesome, she's the 8th Wonder of the World! Without looking it up, could you name the other 7?
nope
When I was little  we used to hear that  our very own Natural Bridge was one but, of course, it  isn't.
Image result for natural bridge
I used to take  my classes there on field trips..

5) Jimmy Clanton spent his entire professional life behind a microphone. After he quit selling records, he began spinning them as a DJ. Do you consider the sound of your voice one of your better qualities?
I  despise the sound of my voice.  Every time I hear it on a recording I cringe!  I do not sound like that!!!  And my laugh!!!!

6) At age 80, Mr. Clanton still performs. He averaged an appearance/month in 2018. Some of his fans were surprised that he has let his pompadour go completely white. Do you color your hair?  I used to  but  not since  last year..  I have decided to go au natural!

7) In 1962, when this song was popular, Americans were reading about 5-year-old First Daughter, Caroline Kennedy, and her pony, Macaroni. Tell us about a pet you had when you were very young.
I wrote about this recently...  I had a white kitten  that I named Snowball.  I was about 5    and  I loved it very much. I have   some photos of me  playing with her..  but  I only had her about a week  before my dad found her dead in the alley.  We had some  teenage boys whose property laid  beyond alley.. We  think they poisoned her.

8) Decades later, Caroline Kennedy was the first woman to serve as US Ambassador to Japan. Have you ever been to Asia?
No, but our daughter  was born in S.  Korea  and  while in college  was fortunate to be able to tour  China,  Taiwan, and S. Korea   for  about a  month!  She got to  see her  home Island of Jindo!
Related image

9) Random question: When talking among themselves, who do you think is more open and honest about sex -- men or women? 
Women... we see it as a health issue more than  an event.

4 comments:

  1. I remember those Natural Bridge ads. Guess they kind of stuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, my mercy, your photos are beautiful! Love the stained glass window and reflection. The natural bridge is very cool and your daughter had quite an adventure in Asia. How horrible about your cat to think some boys would actually do that! And I am so with you on #5!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word! That picture of Jindo is gorgeous! It looks so peaceful there.
    #9...YES! I hadn't thought about that too much, but you are right! So many things to think about. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous stained glass.
    Jindo looks incredible from that photo.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~ I am so happy to have my return comments to you restored!

Farewell

 After  17 years of   blogging  I am  pretty sad to  just fade  out  with  hardly  anyone showing any   farewell,  concern  about my  surger...