Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Wednesday Medley~ Garfield


Hosted by Terri!

Everything below this line is from the National Day Calendar Site.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NATIONAL GARFIELD THE CAT DAY – June 19

National Garfield the Cat Day - June 19
NATIONAL GARFIELD THE CAT DAY
Celebrated each year on June 19, it is National Garfield the Cat Day.  A fictional character, Garfield is a title protagonist from the comic strip Garfield which was created by Jim Davis.   Today is set aside to celebrate him and the entertainment that he brings us.
June 19, 1978, was the first publication of Garfield which chronicles the life of the lead character, the cat Garfield (named after Jim Davis ’s grandfather); Garfield’s owner, Jon Arbuckle: and Jon’s dog, Odie.
  • 2013 – Garfield is syndicated in roughly 2,580 newspapers and journals and holds the Guinness World Record for being the world’s most widely syndicated comic strip.
Set in Muncie, Indiana, common themes in the comic strip include Garfield’s laziness, obsessive eating, love for lasagna and coffee and hatred of Mondays and diets.  The focus is mostly upon the interaction between Garfield, Jon, and Odie.
  • Garfield was one of the cartoon characters to appear in Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Share your favorite Garfield memories or Garfield-like tendencies by using #GarfieldTheCatDay on social media.
HISTORY
National Garfield The Cat Day was first celebrated in 1998 on the 20th anniversary of the comic strip and Garfield’s birthday. Boca Raton City Council Member, Wanda Thayer, proclaimed June 19 as Garfield the Cat Day during surprise birthday party at the International Museum of Cartoon Art in Boca Raton.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything above this line is from the National Day Calendar Site.

1.  If you have ever followed the Garfield comic strip, you know Garfield loves lasagne.  What is your favorite Italian food? I love too many to count Do you over-indulge when it comes to pasta? I try not to...  Ive learned  that  over indulgence isnt fun! 
Image result for garfield lasagna

2.  Tell us about your very first pet.  If you have never had a pet, can you tell us about an animal that touched your life in some way? My first pet was a little white kitten  when I was about 5..  I have pictures  of  me with her and I know I neamed her Snowball...  and I  remember loving her,  but I didn't have her that long..   Some neighbor boys   killed her I think..   Dad found her dead in our back alley. I didnt have another pet until I was 15 and  my first boy friend gave me another white kitten...  We named him Sean Connery.  I loved Sean for   7 years.. when I  moved to Germany,  and Sean was living with my parents in the country,  he    got away and  chose a life on the run in the  wide open spaces...   
3.  Garfield sleeps his day away, only waking to eat or sweet talk his girlfriend Arleen.  How many hours sleep do you normally get each night?    I usually  go to bed around 10:30  and  get up around 7ish,,  but much of the time I awaken  around 3 and lie awake until 5 or 6  then sleep til 8:30How much sleep do you really need? I really need 8 hours but I am lucky to get 6
Image result for garfield sleeping

4.  Garfield lets the mice in the house have their way.  When was the last time you had to chase out a little varment?The worst varmit we had to chase out was a squirrel in our basement. It took  Me, Lynn, Amanda, Joshua and Animal Control to get that scutter out of there!!
Image result for garfield squirrel
5.  Garfield also loves his teddy bear Pooky. Did you have a favorite stuffed animal when you were young (or now!)?  If you didn't or don't, what about someone you know?  
I had a  great teddy bear  when I was little and I remember  lots of photos of him but I  dont remember actually playing with him,..  But even as an adult I have enjoyed   stuffed animals..  I have a beautiful   black bunny  with a white  tali  that  I love ..  He is so  soft and  velvety..  I name him JOYE~
Image result for garfield   pooky

6.  Please tell us something about your week, so far!  
I have been somewhat under the weather  this week so far...  Really hope to  start feeling better  soon...  I have a full day tomorrow!!

6 comments:

  1. So sad reading about that first little kitten, but how sweet of your boyfriend to get you another. Cats do have a tendency to be on the run!! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, another adult who admits to liking stuffed animals.

    Your kitten story...so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josh was not feeling well part of last week. I wonder what is going around? I hope you get to feeling better soon!
    I am so sorry about your kitty. That made my heart hurt. How could anyone kill a baby kitty? UGH. Loved your answers! Have a great week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you have been under the weather, Schotzy! Feel better soon! Thanks for joining the Medley. I've enjoyed reading about first pets and stuffed animals. Take care, now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why do kids have to be so cruel... that makes me sad/mad for your sweet lil kitty! Hope you feel better!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~ I am so happy to have my return comments to you restored!

Farewell

 After  17 years of   blogging  I am  pretty sad to  just fade  out  with  hardly  anyone showing any   farewell,  concern  about my  surger...