Sunday, June 30, 2019

Sunday Stealing ~Unusual Music

Add caption
Hosted by Bev!

Questions from Unusual Music

1. A song that gives you goosebumps

2. A song you hated once but now love
I dont know,  maybe this one

I have a love hate relationship  with the movie, The Last of the Mohicans.  It didn't end well.. and this song  always brought it back to me..  now  I love it anyway!

3. Do you remember your first CD?
Mannheim Steamroller, Freshaire II  to replace our cassette..

4. Has your music taste changed much since childhood?  I would think so!  Although I still love the music of the 50's and 60's and 70's .. the 80's were hit or miss..But I love classical, jazz, and  new age now too!

5. Favorite genre?
I listen to  Scottish  music much like  Celtic Women,  Loreena McKinnett, Bear McCreary, Dougie MacLean, Anuna,  a lot on  Pandora

6. What’s a genre or style of music that you just don’t understand?
RAP...I detest it

7. Do you have a process for listening to music, such as listening to the instruments more than words?
Yes, I love the instrumental best  unless I'm singing along with Goldie Oldies!

8. What’s your favorite thing about your favorite song?
It is usually a long bridge of  connective instrumentation.. for example, I love the long drum solo in In a gadda da vida



9. Do you have a favorite decade for music?
I suppose it would have to be the wonderful 60's ....my era!

10. Can you play any instruments?
Piano

11. Do you remember your first favorite song?
Funny to say..  and I  don't  really like it now,  but the first  album I bought with my own money

I think I must have aassociated myself with the girl on the hill.

12. What was the first concert you ever attended?
Not a concert,   but Sam and Dave played at our High School Homecoming Dance..

  first concert
Paul Revere and the Raiders, I had it bad for Mark Lindsay

I wish this was a live performance but the vintage quality is fun, too!

6 comments:

  1. You surprised me with the drum solo in In a Gadda Da Vida.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I really could appreciate a great drummer back in my college days...I loved the music of that era but not the lifestyle that went along with it...I kept my head on straight...I still get tingly listening to that drum solo though!

      Delete
  2. Ya wanna dance?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP8G4clUJBY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm tapping my feet listening.. I loved Kicks well, of course Mark at his best!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!

      Delete
  3. Bear McCreary, huh? You must be an Outlander fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I detest rap too and #4 , I actually enjoy all types of music too. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~ I am so happy to have my return comments to you restored!

Farewell

 After  17 years of   blogging  I am  pretty sad to  just fade  out  with  hardly  anyone showing any   farewell,  concern  about my  surger...