
Joining Susanne for FFF
These early June days have been glorious! breezy, clear and cooler...for the most part the allergens haven't been so bad...for that I am very grateful!
I am grateful to be living in a free Republic and proudly wave our American flag to honor those who sacrificed to secure our freedoms!
I am so thankful for my family and especially thinking of my precious daddy this morning!!
and my partner in crime... here we exchanged sun glasses.. I don't know why.. just one of those silly things lovers do!
We were sitting on top of the world, at least there in Pennsylvania it seemed like the top of the world!The view into the Valley is gorgeous!

This was after a long first day of travel to see our daughter in MA!
Well, I go to the ophthalmologist Plastic Surgeon today who told me two weeks ago to return today for biopsies on my inner eye are for possible skin cancer... as daunting as it was to hear that, I have now come to realize the abrasion there I believe was coming from my glasses... My glasses since I had them adjusted a couple of months ago were given new nose pad of a thick silicone. I think I was allergic to those pad and it causes a reddish almost raw area in my inner eye.. one I stopped using those glass and only use reader for closeup work and reading it is all cleared up... I have high hopes this afternoon... that he will not need to do anything!
I will save this last blessing for after I return from the doctor's office!
I will save this last blessing for after I return from the doctor's office!
OK, Here is my report from the doctor... upon re-examining my inner eye area with the brightest light you ever saw, this awesome doctor who is not only an opthamalogist, but a plastic surgeon as well, just sent me home... There was nothing there... I have had much prayer and I did stop wearing my new eye glasses that were putting a dent in my nose... so the optician qabut a month ago changed the nose pads and put silicone ones on.. When I went back to him about 2 weeks ago, right after my previous doctor's appt, he said, wow, I think you're allergic to those eye pads I put on your glasses.. around my eye was so red and sore looking! So I stopped wearing those glasses and my eye is normal to day!!! I am so happy!!!!God is so good!!!!




What a pretty view from your window! I've been thinking about my Daddy too with Father's Day coming on Sunday. Bittersweet, because he has been gone a long time and has missed out on getting to know some of his grandchildren and great grandchildren; one of whom is named after him. I pray you receive good news about your eye. I remember when I had to have cataracts removed on both eyes. I was the doctor's youngest patient that day and he was thrilled that after the two surgeries, all I needed was a pair of readers. I had worn glasses and contacts most of my life so it really turned out to be a blessing! The Lord be with you!
ReplyDeleteI am like you, Sandi, I lost my up close vision which I am having a hard time getting used to. I love not having to wer glasses, but putting on and off readers is sort of hard for me... old dog, I guess!!!
DeleteI hope you get good news at the doctor's office! Our June has not been too bad, either, so far. Fun pictures of your family! I am glad to be living in this country as well.
ReplyDeleteOoh!!!! Praise God you might not need surgery! It's amazing what our bodies are sometimes allergic to!
ReplyDeleteLove the sunglasses photo!
Where in MA does your daughter reside? We live about 40 min from,the western edge of MA here in the Capital Region of NY. And our oldest daughter went to Gordon College on the north shore and my husband and most of his family live on he south shore about an hour from Boston and 30 min from the Cape. Our fave east coast city is Boston.
Have a happy weekend and happy flag day!!!!🇺🇸
Hi, Faith, our daughter lives in a small village outside of Boston near the 495 corridor We love Boston, too, They go to church there at Park Street, but it is a 40 minute drive into town.. Boston is a wonderful place to visit, but I couldn't live there,, too hectic for me!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo very happy to hear your good news!
ReplyDeleteI was praying for you!!!!
Where abouts in Pennsylvania were you?
Have a blessed weekend. : )
Thank you so much, Billy Jo! we were on I 81 traveling North out of Hazelton toward Scranton. That particular trip we stayed there on the mountain outside of Hazelton. That is about halfway to our daughter outside of Boston...
ReplyDeleteThat's great news about your eyes. Scary what we can be allergic to. Have a good weekend.
ReplyDeletePraise the Lord for that wonderful news about your eye!! Lovely pictures and cute one of you and hubby with sunglasses!
ReplyDeletePraise God that is wonderful news. Who knew one could be allergic to that. Is there now another option for your new glasses? Beautiful view of the valley.
ReplyDeleteThank you for reveling with me in my praise for not having those dreaded biopsies and skin cancer.. the optician just replaced the silicon pads for regular plastic ones which do not hold my glasses that long in adjustment, but the good news is we live very near the optical store so I can stop by most anytime for adjustment.mmyay!
Delete