Hosted by Terri here!
Everything below this line is from the National Day Calendar website.
------------------------------------
NATIONAL CHEESE DAY – June 4th
NATIONAL CHEESE DAY
Moooove over whiners! June 4 is National Cheese Day!
An encyclopedia of cheese will cover the alphabet and broaden your vocabulary. It will undoubtedly contain more varieties of cheese than what’s found at the local grocer. Cheese is produced from the pressed curds of milk. The milk can come from cows, buffalo, goats or sheep. Temperature and aging affect the flavor and texture of the cheese as well as spices and other seasonings added during the process.
The opportunity to go to a cheese tasting or visit a cheesemonger who is knowledgeable about pairings will improve your enjoyment of the cheese you choose. Does Stilton melt? Can you serve Chévre with a salad? Be sure to ask questions and provide your preferences. Your favorite wine might find a new sidekick. You might discover a smokey spread to go with bruschetta or a tangy cheddar to pack with lunch.
In the United States, a road trip to Wisconsin isn’t out of the question for quality and variety. But, they aren’t the only place to find outstanding flavor and choice. Local delis have selections of domestic and imported cheeses, and independent shops offer a rotating inventory beckoning us to keep visiting to see what’s new.
Excellent as a snack on its own, cheese is also a perfect ingredient in pasta, soups, souffle, and many other recipes. We slap it on a sandwich cold but why stop there when it can be grilled and melted like this amazing Swiss and Tomato Grilled Cheese recipe. When company comes to visit, nothing is better than a cheeseball, especially when bacon is added.
Cheese is multinational, too! Every nation in the world has its own variety of cheese. Italy seems to have harnessed the market. They did add it to pizza, and that’s pretty amazing. Savor the opportunity if you ever have the chance to taste cheeses from around the world. For example, hop on over to Greece. They have this dessert called cheesecake. Delicious!
HOW TO OBSERVE
There are many ways to celebrate National Cheese Day. Try a new recipe or take a risk and try a type of cheese you’ve never heard of before. Ask for recommendations from friends or share your favorites. Make sure you post to social media using #NationalCheeseDay
------------------------------------
Everything above this line is from the National Day Calendar website.
1. National Cheese Day is Tuesday, rather than Wednesday, but I think we should celebrate cheese this week!! Let's start by sharing your favorite cheese with us. Which one is always in your fridge?
We have a drawer in the fridge just for cheese, it always contains shredded parmesan, sliced white sharp cheddar, medium cheddar, American sliced, havarti, and swiss. I, also, have a round of mozzarella and a carton of cottage cheese!
2. What is your preference? Mild, Sharp, or Extra Sharp? I like mild, medium and sharp. Hubs isn't too keen on sharp and I wouldn't buy extra sharp because of him. How do you use cheese most often?
I used a lot of shredded parm, I love sliced sharp white cheddar with crackers for a snack. We used sliced swiss harvarti and American for sandwiches,

and I used a lot of shredded swiss and cheddar in baked dishes.

3. Cheesecake? New York style or what other flavors would you rather have?
Eh! We don't do cheesecake
4. When you do grilled cheese sandwiches, which cheese do you prefer to use and what condiments do you use, if any?
We use American sliced cheese and a thin shmear of mayo for grilled cheese. I love them with sliced bread and butter pickles on the side.
5. Number 5 on June 5th...is just like any other Wednesday here... however, it is going to rain today. Today my allergies are driving me crazy.. but I am so glad someone is having a fun and celebratory day!!!
Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, Happy birthday, dear Tammy, Happy birthday to you!!!
6. Share something with us about your week. If it includes using cheese in a recipe, please also share that with us too!!
This is a very uneventful week... and I'm glad because so far I feel terrible.. and the forecast calls for rain every day now through the weekend... I think a grilled cheese supper sounds pretty tasty on such a bleh week... It would definitely brighten the aspect!


We don't do cheesecake here either except for the occasion of our son's birthday. We have had a more than normal amount of rain this year or else we just don't remember how spring rains used to be because of the droughts in the past few years. I'm sorry you don't feel so happy, but hope a grilled cheese supper will pick you up. And yes, we do have special tongs for the snakes.
ReplyDeleteI see you live in Texas, so I suppose snakes are expected or at least familiar. We have lived in our home for 35 years and I have seen 1 black snake about 20 years slither across our drive way. YOU'd laugh to hear me scream for Hubs to come and get it. He came running and then stopped and just chastened me. "You never get a black snake.. He is our friend. He eats all the other snakes"...
DeleteWhat a wonderful cheesy post...LOL! Your cheese drawer sounds like mine...just wish I didn't have to limit my cheese eating...nothing like a wonderful cheesy, gooey sauce. I'm sorry you are not feeling well but I do love me nice cloudy or rainy day to just do nothing if I'm not quite feeling up to par. We need rain here so badly...we are due for some during the next few days. Feel better soon!
ReplyDeletesorry you've got such a bleh week. I hope things get better soon.
ReplyDeleteIm sorry to hear you're not up to par.. I suffer bad alelrgies here where we live.. in a bowl surrounded by mountais. Love to see , but all kinds of allergens here.. I used to take allery shots but had to stop when I went on a beta blocker.. so I subsist on Zyrtec.. but it hasnt helped this spring. So now my sinuses are a complete mess!!! Bought a Sinuses cleanse thingy so I'm about to try that. Hope it works!!
ReplyDeleteI am reading about a lot of sick people this week. I hope you feel better soon! Loved your answers! Have a nice week!
ReplyDeletehttps://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
Oh we love cheese here too! We always have grated cheddar/mozzarella, cottage cheese, cheese sticks and string cheese in our fridge. Yum!!
ReplyDeleteYes, a grilled cheese makes everything better. Wishing you good health!
ReplyDeleteI hope your grilled cheese meal perked you up! Sorry you have been not feeling well. Shucks. I do appreciate you joining the Medley today! No one has said they don't like cheese. It is unanimous!
ReplyDelete