Monday, June 24, 2019

Happy Homemaker Monday

We had  a rather uneventful weekend  and got some much needed rest.. our colds  are  behind us now and  hopefully we are set for our busy week..  Hubs had one doctor's appt. already this morning  and we stopped in for our  favorite breakfast so  now I'm home and ready to face the day!!
Let's join Sandra's blog for the Happy Homemaker 
Monday meme!
Image result for happy homemaker monday



The weather:::


Let us hope that those  rain  events will  bring  cooling and  help with  the  rising humidity this week!  Doesn't look too hopeful though , does it?


On my reading pile:::  I am about 2/3 through my latest mystery, Chamomile Morning by Laura Childs  I do love her  books  with so much emphasis on tea time!!

Image result for tea time


What am I listening to:::

Music from Outlander soundtrack.. on Pandora  I do love  Bear MCCleary's music!
Outlander, Season 4 [Original TV Soundtrack]; CD; Primary Artist - Bear McCreary


Movies or Shows I watched this weekend:::

I am  binge watching Call the Midwife, yet again...  Ok,  I'm a huge fan!
I am still watching You Tubes of What's My Line..  I love the gentility of  that show...  The good ole days!!!
On my TV this week:::
Probably the same  an occasional  cooking show,  or competition,, and  Property Brothers, then Netflix    and You Tube  Regular tv holds no interest for me.

On the menu for this week:::
Chef salad
BBQ pork and slaw
chicken salad
soup and sandwich
hopefully dinner out sometime this week

On my to do list:::
laundry
reading
 important meeting at church
 Allergy doctor
Cars to the dealership for their oil changes and tune ups
maybe a visit to my favorite consignment shop

Looking forward to:::
I suppose it is time for me to   plan something to look forward to,  I can't think of a thing  this week..  perhaps I need to call and meet a friend for coffee!!!

Looking around the house:::
I bit of  spit and shine  is needed around  this lower level  and a change out of linens upstairs...

From the camera:::

Our deep red petunias  are  spilling over  I do hope they  begin to fill in more..  I love  these  with the  trailing vines..    very pretty!!    


 What I'm wearing today:::

White carpi's and yellow top

One of my simple pleasures:::
I enjoy a game on   my tablet,   I picked it out  3 and a half years ago to play with my then 2 1/2  granddaughter..  It is Township.   We started the Christmas her little sister was born and we kept her while  mommy was  incapacitated at the hospital.. She loved it..and caught on immediately.  She is a bright  young lady!  And every time we go up to visit  I have to   take  my tablet. Everyday I spend a bit of time trying to catch up on it and    keep things going.. But it is  a fun game.. I have to  be careful not to  spend too much time on it..  very  relaxing! 
Image result for township 




Bible verse, Devotional, prayers:::

Daily Meditation: Proverbs 18, John 15:1-17

Good girl friends are one of the purest sources of joy and encouragement in life, don’t you think? For me, they’re the first people I call when something goes wrong, and at this stage of my life I’ve even got some of them on speed dial! They’re the ones you turn to and lean on when one of your parents gets discouraging news from the doctor, or when you take your two-year-old to the ER with a 105-degree temperature, or when your husband loses his job. Those friends are your rock. We all need friends like that, and we all should also try to be friends like that.
But what about when the everyday, ordinary issues of life come up? Are we still those kinds of friends then? All too often, we miss out on helping with our friends’ little things because we aren’t even aware they exist. Maybe we are too busy to notice, or maybe those little things are kept a secret. Either way, we miss opportunities to be a true friend.
Be the kind of friend who not only rushes in when the crises of life happen, but who also pays attention and notices the little things in others’ lives. Needs are everywhere. Just keep your eyes and heart open and you will find many opportunities to help carry the loads of others.

“The best of friends to us will always be friends who imitate Christ.”

– Alistair Begg
There is, of course, no end to the needs, but there is an end to the friends who notice. You can’t do it all, and that is okay. But you can make a difference.


8 comments:

  1. Everytime I hear about it, I think I'd enjoy Call the Midwife. But I still haven't watched it yet... Township looks amusing. I play Tiny Tower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becki, it is on netflix now and you ought to give it a whirl. Call the Midwife I mean.. I bet you'd love it, too!

      Delete
  2. Your deep red petunias are so pretty! I bought two kinds of purple this year, one basket is fine but the others, I'm finding I don't care for the color as it looks a bit washed out (and every business in town apparently bought "my" color of flowers also). Township looks like a fun little game. My go-to game is Pocket Camp: Animal Crossing. I play it every single day but I do know what you mean about needing to be careful not spend too much time. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could watch Call the Midwife, over and over, such a good show. Your petunias look stunning. I love this time of year with all the beautiful colorful flowers around :)

    I hope you have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Township on my iPad..its a fun game... I play and there periodically. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I played township with my niece for awhile, but she preferred Farmville 2 and I've stuck with it because I like the graphics :D Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teabooks and outlander? fantastic! I agree with you on both of these - it is good music with Bear McCleary. I stopped watching midwife (I thought it was reruns but no ....), I need to restart that - I liked it very much. Hope you have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AH! I see we have many similar interests.. According to Netflix Call the Midwife has 8 seasons... this is probably my third time around though!!! Have a great day!

      Delete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~ I am so happy to have my return comments to you restored!

Farewell

 After  17 years of   blogging  I am  pretty sad to  just fade  out  with  hardly  anyone showing any   farewell,  concern  about my  surger...