Hosted by Susanne
This week I took some time out to visit my favorite consignment shop...
I know everytime I go I am going to find something I can't live without... which is sort of crazy because I should be in down size mode, for sure...so I have to get rid of stuff before I can bring anything "new" in!
I am always on the look out for anything with an English flair...transfer ware dishes, vases, you get my drift!
Well, also, this year I have been lonesome for kiddies around the house. You might remember that this spring we purchased
1.My handsome lad:: On this excursion I ran across this very handsome fellow... I had told myself if I ever saw one of these I'd snatch it right up no matter the cost.. Imagine my surprise when I found it on a 25% off table, marked down from $10.00! He may not be in style for some people, but he adds a youthful charm to my living room corner... I absolutely love him. I've named him James!
2. A gorgeous fluted fan::I am in the process of planning an update and new color scheme to the guest room. We are having special guests in August, and Ive been collecting some luscious lilacs to create a wonderful arrangement in there. When I spotted this perfectly fanned vase, I knew it was a blessing just for me!!! Who could turn it down for $4.00.
3. A Rose's Guardian angel:: We are still working along trying to get our new rose garden going.. The plantings seem to be growing so slowly compared to the older knock out roses that seemed to take off like gang busters a couple of years ago.
So ever so gradually I am looking for other acoutrements for the garden to bring it a bit to life!!! I found this darling garden angel who attracted a beautiful blue bird... Hopefully,the garden will attract some, as well! Nesting inthe old stump where hubs cut back the over growth that made way for my garden, the angel has a primary spot to oversee the fledging plants!!!
4. A new garden flag:: The consignment shop, also, sells a wonderful array of garden flags... The colors in this one drew my attention. I love them all so much.
I think the garden is coming along!
Shame on those deer for eating the blooms off of my lilies!
5 A Sea Captain's Delight for Dinner::This time last week, after I had gone through a lengthy ultrasound at the hospital, Hubs let me choose between my two favorite places for dinner. Well, I knew the one I chose was a favorite of his,as well!

Montano's International Gourmet
Since it was a bit before 4 we could still dine off the lunch menu and they have a marvelous fried oyster plate as a luncheon special... and hubs loves their oysters!
He likes them extra crispy and they were perfect!
I enjoyed the fish and chips... that cod was so flaky and light, yummilicious!,
I'd say it has been a lovely week.. Until next time!! Have a wonderful weekend!!

I like your handsome boy and I love that blue hobnail glass!!
ReplyDeleteI inherited that blue hobnail pitcher from my great grandmother.Thank you for your kind comments!
DeleteI like the little boy James, very cute and such a bargain. I want to get rid of a lot of things, but for the moment we have a heat wave and I am more then lazy !
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice collection of bargains! The fish and chips look so good.
ReplyDelete