Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I didnt get signed up to do a Tablescape this week, but setting the holiday table is such a part of creating the tone for the meal that it is always fun to share anyway. On Sunday we celebrated Channukah with a Festival of Light dinner, however we celebrated with the added joy of knowing that Jesus, Messiah, is the Light of the world. The tone was set by the lighted candlabra I purchased last year during our Beth Moore study of the Tabernacle. I think the symbolism of the Old Testamest feast is so very pertinent to our Christian understanding today!!PhotobucketPhotobucket
Earlier, on Saturday night, we had a simple spaghetti dinner to welcome the kids home for Christmas.
Photobucket
Yesterday we had a huge breakfast in the sunroom.
Photobucket
Lynn made his special buckwheat pancakes, delicious with freshly homemade cranberry sauce, and I made poached eggs and sausage.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
My 85 year old mother will not be outdone!. She had me over for lunch last week and had set this sweet table!
Photobucket
Christmas such a festive, wonderfully fun time of year!

7 comments:

  1. Hello! What a gorgeous table! We are having our big Christmas Eve dinner and I am having so much fun baking and preparing for it! I'll have to post photos of it. Hope you are doing well and Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job on the table...everything looks so inviting!

    Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Schotzy; I love your table setting it is just so pretty. Every thing is so Christmasy.. And your Moms table, so so lovely looking I hope that when I am her age I can set a table like she can, your Mom is amazing as well as her daughter..

    Merry Christmas.

    Hugs;
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your table settings, they look so homey and inviting. Thank you for sharing. Have a blessed Christmas.
    Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you are really and truly enjoying your family time together. Happy Christmas to you lot!!! I love the writings of Beth Moore. She is one of my favourite Christian authors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! Merry Christmas to you and yours:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. And Merry Christmas to you! (I'm just taking a break from setting the Christmas brunch table)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~