Monday, December 29, 2008

Smile

Photobucket



I have to borrow a quote I read on Susan's blog, A Happy Heart at Home this morning. She found this quote in Woman's Day magazine and shared about how it helped her keep this joyful, but fleeting, Christmas in proper perspective after her daughter returned home far away. It is so appropriate for me, also, because not only an amazing Christmas has come and gone, but also, as Amanda and Josh prepare to move 1000 miles away in a couple of months I'm fearing the doldrums of loss and emptiness!



Dr. Seuss said, "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."


Life does go on and I have to smile and remember how blessed our lives ARE. Just because one chapter is ending doesnt mean the book has come to an end. Each new chapter offers exciting challenges and joys. My job is to LIVE each day so my book is worthwhile, memorable, and makes a difference in the world.
Anyway, be sure to stop in at Susan's Daybook today. It will bless your heart!

7 comments:

  1. what a blessing i sure will.on my way.thank you and happy new year...ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about living life each day so our books are worthwhile. I love that thought. I struggle with doing it but it's my goal and some day I'm sure to arrive closer to it, Amen?

    Thanks for your visit and lovely comment on my blog. It's much appreciated.
    Sweet blessings,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your comment on my daybook and your post about the quote. You're more than welcome to use anything from my blog anytime, and thanks for posting the source of the quote. I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely thought. And I think I will try to hold Christmas in my heart for as long as I can.
    Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dr. Seuss was a very smart guy! Great quote. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carolyn,
    You are such a blessing to me. The comments you leave on my blog are such wonderful encouragement, and I am grateful for them. Thank you so much. I completely understand, too, about what it must have been like for you in Germany. And as for my weight... sheesh! Where did THAT all come from? Culture shock and loneliness and longing for something else will definitely do that to a person. Anyway... I loved the quote you shared, and I am going to remember it. Here's to a New Year filled with joy, peace, and the love of Christ! I will be thinking of you and praying for you, as well, as you prepare for a change in your family, with Amanda and Josh moving away. It sounds like you have a good, strong network of friends; a good husband; and your faith. They will hold you up.
    Happy Day to you...
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this reminder to value each day, and to focus on the blessings, not on the difficulties.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~