Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Yesterday was fun!

Yesterday was my retired teachers' Christmas luncheon held at my previous principal's church fellowship hall in Fincastle, Virginia. I love to travel to Fincastle- a very historical community in the Shendandoah Valley, it is the county seat of the locality where I taught for 30 years. It is always fun to visit with colleagues each year and catch up on their lives. Yesterday I got to sit at the table with my beloved principal. Everyone loves him- such a great guy to work for! As usual he played Santa at the door prize table.
Photobucket
This year they had more door prizes than people!
Photobucket
He called my name out first and I got the pick of the bunch! A great apple candle holder!
Photobucket

The Middle School sang a rousing round of Christmas Standards
Photobucket
and most folks were decked out in their new Christmas sweaters and decorative attire!Photobucket
As I was traveling home I stopped in at my dear friend and Joshua's mom, Jan's home. Her tree is gorgeous!
Photobucket
She called it an "Americana" tree trimmed with a series of White House ornaments and ornaments from around the places in the US she and Kevin have travelled.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~