Friday, December 5, 2008

Show and Tell, Friday

Show and Tell, Friday is hosted by Kelli at There is No Place Like Home.
Today I would like to share a few things I have going on around the house.
I bought this arch planter last summer and then realized that I had little wall space to hang it, so it just sat in the basement for a few months. Then In realized this corner of the dining room sideboard was just right as it ties together the Olde World flair going on in the parlor to this adjacent room.
Photobucket
In the parlor I have been working on the Olde World decor. I love these balls and my new table topper.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
I'm not too sure about the angels with this. I did get the nativity piece this year which I like with this. The balls though have been great fun to collect.
I have been collecting small houses for some time and this week at my favorite consignment shop I found this collection for under ten dollars. I love them.
Photobucket
I love to find bundles of things in baskets as this was. The bundles included several miniature items that didnt exactly go with this vignette, including a tiny train set. I will share that at a later time.

13 comments:

  1. You have some nice arrangements here. Great planter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the arrangements that you have done. Just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the planter and your collections of balls and houses. Great bargain finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the Jim Shore angel and the planter too.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY pretty! Love the golds! The planter looks perfect stuffed with bounty! As always, everything looks pretty, festive, and homey:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does look very festive and inviting. Love the gold touches, very elegant.

    thank you so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's all so gorgeous. And as you pointed out, it's all so 'old world looking' that it makes the ambiance so warm and comforting. I especially like the angel in the top photo!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I love to have company. You made my day. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful groupings. I love the house collection.

    I left something for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your decorations, especially the gold Christmas balls! Everything looks great!
    Linda C

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty decorations. The balls are so elegant looking.
    I love decorating for the season...Don't you ?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love your style Schotzy!! Very beautiful and so festive, in a very elegant way! Well done you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way those ornaments glitter and glow...the colors are very warm...

    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~