Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tablescape Thursday/TMTT

Oh, my goodness, will you ever want to visit Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for more tablescapes. I love Susan's apple centerpiece! My scape is just for fun. I can't give up on Christmas decor yet, but now I opt for the snowman /winter schematic in whites and blues. Since this is soup season I planned this fun scape for our delicious cabbage soup I cooked yesterday! How wonderful to lighten up and return to ordinary, wholesome food!


There is no snow in sight in our local forecast, so I am doing my regular snow dance I learned in my teaching days when I needed a midwinter respite!
Photobucket
Dinner for two tonight over steaming bowls of delicious cabbage soup will be quite festive, indeed.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I actually love my snowflake glasses I got over the weekend at Krogers on the post Christmas sale- 10/$8.00. I'll enjoy these for a couple of months as I scan the horizon for the beloved snowflake!
I havent posted on Tempt My Tummy Tuesday for a few weeks , but will with this delicious, easy recipe!
Cabbage Soup
1/2 head cabbage chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 1/2 cups water
1 large can petite diced tomatoes
2 potatoes diced, not peeled
1 can red kidney beans, not drained
1 tsp. salt,
1/2 coarse ground pepper
2 beef bouillon cubes
1/2 tsp ground thyme
1/2 tsp. basil
1 bay leaf
1 T. sugar
1 cup leftover diced ham, all fat moved
Combine and cook over medium heat for 50-60 minutes.
Enjoy!
Visit Lisa's blog for more recipes today!

10 comments:

  1. No snow for us either...

    Love your wintery table.... and the soup sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have room for a third person?? It is very cold here so good weather for a hot soup, lol.
    Love the table setting Carolyn very cute.

    Hugs from Marian

    ReplyDelete
  3. The table scape is beautiful and I am going to try the cabbage soup recipe. I love cabbage...one of the few veggies that I can say that about! mb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Krogers. I have never been and I only hear that name from my hubby and his parents who are from Ohio but now reside in FL. Soup sounds yummy!!!!!

    Happy TMTT and Happy New Year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your table decor! It is perfect for January!
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Kroger's after Christmas sale! 21 years ago hubby and I bought our beautiful tree topper angel marked down to almost nothing!!! I love your combo of light blue and white! So-cool!

    Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carolyn, your table is lovely! The cabbage soup sounds so good...I've copied the recipe to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I simply can feel snowflakes on my tongue and taste the crisp icicles...ooo wow what a glorious combination of BLUES and WHITES !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love your tables scape. It looks so inviting and homey.
    Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~