Monday, December 8, 2008

The Simple Woman Daybook

FOR TODAY: December 8, 2008
Outside my window...it is 24 degrees, probably the coldest it will be this week if the forecast is correct. it is cloudy, but the sun hasn't risen and just a few folks have ventured into the morning rush.
I am thinking...goodness, less than 2 weeks until Amanda and Joshua come for Christmas! I have a ton to accomplish ! Exciting!!!
I am thankful for...the small things of life. The special kindnesses and blessings that Lynn does for me. Special friends, encouragement, and fellowship within the body of Christ.
From the kitchen...no cooking today! This is a cereal day.
I am wearing...my pj's and cosy white velour robe!
I am creating...a new address listing because I cannot find my address book! So infuriating but I spent every day last week looking!
I am going...to purchase a new one that is larger and easier to keep up with!!!!
I am reading...a Christmas anthology of short stories- I love those! And The Normal Christian Life, by Watchman Nee.
I am hoping...that the peace that passes understanding will flow over and through a situation that we have been praying about.
I am hearing...a rescue helicopter flying out overhead. I am praying for that situation.
Around the house...I have to finish decorating around the house and put the storage boxes away.
One of my favorite things...lotion! My skin is so dry and itchy this time of year! Lotion is my very best friend!
A few plans for the rest of the week:Today I have my retired teachers' Christmas luncheon and Lynn and I will be going to a swanky downtown restaurant for the P. Buckley Moss Society Christmas Banquet, Tuesday my Ladies Bible study finishes for up until January with a Cookie swap which Amanda is coming to partake and then we are helping my parents decorate for Christmas. Wednesday I have to sub and then go to our midweek church dinner and study. Thursday I have my choir luncheon for which I am making a huge potato salad to share. Friday I sub and we are taking my mom to our church Christmas program that night. Saturday is clean house day and that night we are going to dinner at Dottie's for fun and a video. Sunday Amanda and Joshua will be performing at a Christmas program at a local church. They play violins in a small ensemble there that we will attend. All in all a very busy week!
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Photobucket
For more daybooks check out Peggy's, The Simple Woman, blog!

4 comments:

  1. It is cold here as well. My little furnace is working hard to try to warm my home. I don't mind the chilliness this morning.

    I love when the children come home to visit. We do get excited, don't we!

    Blessings to your chilly morning and your day.

    Gina

    PS Would you like to exchange Christmas cards? I'd be delighted to send you one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not much cooking for you this week! May the Lord bring you peace as He answers your prayers.

    Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I love lotion too at this time of the year...have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your day book as always Schotzy. It's gotten really cold here as well!!! Brrrr....much colder than last year I think!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~