Monday, December 1, 2008

Photobucket
Check out Peggy's site for more Daybooks!
For Today December 1, 2008...
Outside my window...
it is still dark, a dense fog has settled over our area. The rain has stopped and few cars have ventured out this morning.It is 36 degrees and they still forecast rain all day today.
I am thinking...I wish I didn't have to go out today to get my allergy shot. I'd much rather stay in all day!
I am thankful for... our home and all the provisions God makes for us moment by moment. He is wonderful, gracious Jehovah Jireh!
From the kitchen...I am thawing some ground sirloin and am making a pot of delicious steaming chili for this cold wet, first day of December!
I am wearing... my fluffy white terrycloth robe- so cosy!
I am reading...Power in the Blood by Bob Sorge and The Normal Christian Life by Watchman Nee.
I am hoping..to hear from Amanda today. She defends her Master's thesis tomorrow. She has had such a grueling last several weeks. I know she is anxious to put this behind her.
I am creating...a couple of wreaths- one for inside and one for outside.
I am hearing..Lynn rummaging around in the kitchen, and a very occasional car drive by outside.
Around the house...I need to change the linens in the bedrooms today and start wrapping gifts this week.
A few plans for the rest of the week...This week is not too bad - allergy shot this morning, grocery store, tomorrow, Bible study and hopefully coffee with friends, Wednesday mom and I take refreshments to the Ageless group Bible study from my previous church- have no idea what we're taking yet! Wednesday night church supper and Bible study, Saturday we have tickets to attend a fabulous Madrigal singing group at a magnificent church down town. I am really excited about that! Sometime I hope to see Amanda for just a fun visit following Tuesday's culmination of 3 years of hard work! Just hanging loose on that one, however! Sometime we want to get together to do some cookie baking for a cookie exchange next week!
Here is a picture I'd like to share with you..
Photobucket
This is some new Christmas decor for this year. I love the gold willow branches I found at Michael's. The beautiful red vase came from there as well.

3 comments:

  1. The vase is absolutely stunning! And I can only imagine how beautiful the Madrigal concert will be. Enjoy your week! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chili... mmm, yummy! Perfect for these cold days. Praying you enjoy the singing group and a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your daybook. Thanks for sharing it with us. Have a great week!

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~