Monday, December 15, 2008

The Simple Woman Daybook

Photobucket
Visit Peggy's site for more daybooks!
FOR TODAY (December 15, 2008)
Outside my window...it is 6:15 am and 41 degrees. The threat of rain hovers over our fair town!
I am thinking... I really need to finish up my decorating and start planning meals for next week!
I am thankful for...all the wonderful Christmas musicals I have been able to share in this season! Phenomenal!
From the kitchen...I will be making a beef stew today and I need to cut a cabbage up. Lynn is really anxious for some homemade slaw!(One of his all time favs!)
I am wearing...my favorite jeans and a warm cranberry pullover!
I am creating(decorating)...a lovely real Christmas tree in the sunroom for Amanda. We always had a real tree out there. I had to purchase new lights this year, so I'll be out there decorating this morning!
I am going... to be taking my mom to a nearby county this morning to speak to a lady about quilting an heirloom for us! Mom and my grandmother years ago pieced together a velvet crazy quilt, but never got it quilted. That is our winter priority to at least get someone lined up to quilt it for us!
I am reading... another Christmas anthology of short stories!
I am hoping...for snow oer the holidays while the kids are here!
I am hearing...Charlotte Church singing O Holy Night! It doesn't get much better than that!
Around the house...I have got to finish decorating and put the boxes of stuff away. I still have gifts to wrap so I can clean up the dining room!!
One of my favorite things...old Christmas movies. I am looking forward to watching White Christmas with Amanda!
A few plans for the rest of the week:
Today I get my shot and take mom shopping, and see about the quilt. Tuesday night we got to the Community band Christmas Concert, I have friends performing! Wednesday morning we go to Lorraine's home for a Christmas party for the Ageless Bible study, and Wednesday night is the Christmas Family night at our church. Thursday mom is having a small soiree at her home for a dear friend I will help her with and that night Lynn and i have a dinner to attend. Friday is recoup day! Saturday the kids come for Christmas and will stay through Christmas Day!!!!!
Here are some pictures I'd love to share with you... Merry Christmas photos from my dear friend Dottie,along with Heather and Holly!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Merry Christmas, Heather and Holly!!!
I love their tree!

9 comments:

  1. The hats on the dogs is too cute! And your Christmas tree is just lovely! Blessed day today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely Christmas photos!! Thanks so much for sharing your daybook. May you experience peace and joy throughout the Holy Season...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your schedule for the week is busy, but with wonderful things! Enjoy!

    Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~
    Garden Glimpses

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just thought I would let you know that I enjoy reading your daybook every week. I think you have an amazing amount of energy. Merry Christmas from my house to your's. Debbi

    P. S. I loved the doggie pictures. I have a little "Doxie" too. They are such fun dogs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beef stew sound wonderful and I love Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice daybook! I loved listening to your music while I was reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely blog and such a busy week. The photos are wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

    Elaine H

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt sounds lovely. I hope that you were able to find someone to finish it for you. Nothing quite like a handmade quilt. I only wish I knew how to quilt so I could make one.

    Thanks for sharing your Christmas photos. Your Christmas tree looks fantastic.

    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and may you be blessed this Holy Season.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~