Friday, February 6, 2009

Favorite Family Foto, Friday

Photobucket

This past Sunday we were privileged to take my Mom and Dad back to Amanda and Josh's for the last time. Mom had given them a nice wingback chair to have recovered to take with them when they move. It had taken Amanda and I hours to pick out the new fabric. I posted about it a few weeks ago.
Photobucket
When the chair was finished a couple of weeks ago the kids were thrilled with the final result!
Photobucket
So Mom and Dad were not only anxious to go to Blacksburg to see the kids one last time before they move, but also to see the chair.
Photobucket
Even though there were packing boxes sitting all around that chair still looked great! But I detect a pensive attitude in Mom and Dad as they considered that that was probably the last time they'd ever visit in Amanda and Josh's home~
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
It was really difficult saying goodbye to Blacksburg after all the wonderful memories there during college, the wedding, and seeing the kids build their love nest!
Photobucket
The moving company picked up their things this past Wednesday.
For more FFFF visit Deborah at Pictures, Pots, and Pens!

11 comments:

  1. The chair turned out great! Moving is never easy because you're leaving behing so many memories, but it opens to the door to making new ones. I wish them the very best on this new chapter in their lives! I'm visiting from Deborah's blog...Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The upholstery on the chair looks really great and from what I can tell, it's comfortable too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    Beautiful Chair!! Just because they are moving isn't a reason to make some new memories!! Have a great day!!

    Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That chair is gorgeous.I know it's so hard leaving memories behind.But they're going to make many,many more...Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if my comment posted or not...Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see your comment about blue birds.In Susan,between naps on the porch,has 2 books she reccomends on I believe Tues.or Wed.post...Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every time they sit in that chair, they will think of their grandparents.
    Wish them a safe move and have a great weekend.
    Love Claudie
    xo
    claudie.frid.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your parents look to be very young at heart...and spiffy dressers! I hope they hold many happy memories of that time and place.

    Thank you for sharing!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Change is tough, isn't it? On the bright side, the chair looks great!

    Malisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so hard when the kids grow up and move away. My dd is living in England right now. She's sick with strep throat, having to keep working, and struggling with taking college classes at night. I want to go over there and baby her. I know she has good support, but as her mother, I feel this need to be there nurturing her when she's sick. I CAN pray, though.

    That chair is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The chair turned out beautifully. All the best to Josh and Amanda as they build their new love nest.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~