Monday, February 23, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today...Monday, February 23, 2009

Outside my window... It is 5:47 and the world doesn't seem to be awake yet! It 26 degrees and no sign of moisture in the forecast. We have had no snow this season except for a little skiff mid January which didn't amount to much. I am becoming concerned about a drought this year.
I am thinking... what I can do to actually plant some of our food this spring and summer. last year we did have tomatoes, which did alright, nothing great- Our yard has never been very suitable for planting food because of the shade, but with the dry years and dying trees that is not such a problem anymore. I am thinking planting more vegetables might be a good idea.
I am thankful for... my family, my church, and my life. God is so good!
From the kitchen... I am planning a visit up the valley to the Cheese Shop which sells foods in bulk. I am thinking about what I might begin to squirrel away!
I am wearing... I haven't dressed yet, but will be donning jeans and a sweater set.
I am reading... Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell.
I am hoping... to find just the right fabric this week for my next project-
I am creating... a new tablecloth to go with my new dishes. I got a set of the pink transferware china, Brook, by Churchill.I am looking for a pink toile on chintz or something similar.
I am hearing... absolutely nothing except the fan on my computer. It is so quiet here this morning.
Around the house... I have some cleaning, ordering, and putting away this week. I am having 3 other couples for a dinner party Saturday night from our Sunday School class. We have started conversational dinner and I am hosting this month. I want to spring it up around here.
One of my favorite things... is changing the decor seasonally. I bought the cutest "olde world" looking planter this weekend at Tuesday Morning and want to go to Michael's to purchase something with a trailing vine.
A few plans for the rest of the week... .This morning Lynn is taking me to breakfast and then I have an eye appointment, then I am fabric shopping.
My Beth Moore study tomorrow which I have missed the last few weeks, so I will be going for the fellowship, and hopefully a couple of us will go for lunch or coffee afterwards. Wednesday the ageless Group to which I take refreshments with my mom. She is making a dump cake and I don't know yet what I am taking. Then Wednesday night fellowship dinner at church and Christian World view class which is fabulous!!!! Nothing much so far on Thurs. or Fri., and the dinner party on Saturday. I should have plenty of time for getting somethings done here around the house!
Here is a picture I'd like to share with you...
Photobucket
This is one of my favorite sites in my hometown. I have loved this sign every since I can remember. we used to produce this coffee here, but thank goodness we still sport the sign. It is one of our most famous icons. And I think I smell coffee brewing downstairs now. Bless Lynn's little pea-pickin' heart!

6 comments:

  1. Good morning, Schotzy!! Loved reading your daybook, and this neat sign!! Sounds like your week is well-planned, and you must share your new tableware and tablecloth when you finish it!!

    I had my coffee and breakfast and now it's time for school with my Maddy!

    Sunshiney blessings,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely day book entry Schotzy. I Love the writings of Beth Moore. How wonderful that you are going to be able to attend a Beth Moore study!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has been a terrible no-snow year for us and our favorite lake is gone, just dried up! It worries me. Nice post today.

    Have a Wonderful Day!
    from Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a productive person; you inspire me!

    I love that sign. I can see why you got attached to it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I always enjoy reading your day books! You'll have to post photos of your table cloth when you finish. I was just thinking today how I need to buy a new one for my table. I never thought of making one... Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you have a busy week planned. I really enjoyed reading your post. And giving us all a peek into your life... Thank you.

    Hugs;
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~