Friday, February 27, 2009

Show and Tell, Friday

For more visit Kelli at There is No Place Like Home!
Yesterday my friend, Dottie, and I rode up the Shenandoah Valley to Stuart's Draft known for its Amish community. We visited the Cheese Shop which sells food in bulk, and we discovered a new fabric shop. I found what I had been looking for!
Photobucket
I love this fabric to make my dining table cloth to offset my new dishes. This toile hosts a pastoral tale of life in a quaint English countryside, decked about with dairy maids and grazing sheep! And best of all it was purchased at only $6.95 a yard as opposed to $20.oo a yard goods I had seen hereabout! I love it!!
Then I ran across this piece!
Photobucket
I had to have it to make a cloth for the kitchen table! I can't wait to get these done!

12 comments:

  1. Ohhhh! So beautiful! I especially love the pink and white fabric and it will look lovely! What great finds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love them both, Schotzy!! But especially the red toile!! Simply charming!!
    Can't wait to see it all together!!
    Sounds like you had a good time, too!
    Have a joyful weekend!!
    Becky :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful. Hope you share the finished projects with us.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are amazing,but the toile Is gorgeous.Can we se when you;ve made your tablecloth?Maybe in a TT,huh?...Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful fabric. You do know that we expect to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful fabrics! I especially love the watermelon one. :)

    Have a lovely Friday!

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved both of them especially the toile, isn't it fun to find new shops especially with friends. Thanks for sharing,
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the red toile, the red's hard to find here, I've had the watermelon fabric before, it's nice too
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both fabrics Schotzy! What a great find!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fabulous fabrics! And the price! NO WAY! Hurry up and make them so we can see it with your dishes...LOL!

    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great find! Can't wait to see these in a future tablescape post:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both fabrics are really pretty, you'll have to show us the tableclothes when you finish it. This is my first visit to yur blog and I've enjoyed my visit.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~