Wednesday, February 18, 2009

They Have Moved

Amanda and Joshua left today for Boston! It was a tearful goodbye for me as we entered a new phase in our family.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
While Joshua packed their rental van with all the comforts they'd need while living in a hotel suite for the next month or so, Amanda was saying her last goodbyes.
Photobucket
Thank goodness for fold down seats!
Photobucket
Then she went out and helped with some of her many clothes bags filled with her winter togs! And then it was time for their final pass through.
Photobucket
I was pretty choked up as I saw our girl raise her hand to wave goodbye.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
So they got away by 9:45 am and they called tonight to say they had to pull over in Pennsylvania due to treacherous roads and blowing snow. With about 3 or 4 hours to go tomorrow I am praising God they are safe and sound tonight. For Lynn and I, we have now officially become empty nesters of our professional children instead of university students. A new beginning all around. I am really trying to see the benefits instead of the losses! If you are reading this, now you definitely know how to pray for me.

8 comments:

  1. Oh Schotzy, Change can be so hard. My heart aches for you. Our 3 adult daughters are local. One still lives with us, and the other two are no more than 15 minutes away. The 20 yo always talks about moving to L.A., and I tell her she can't do that to her Mommy!!

    I am praying for you!!
    Such a challenging season of life , isn't it?

    Tender blessings,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I know you will miss them and I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have my prayers sweet friend! I, too, feel the pangs of an empty nest. It doesn't matter how far away or how close our children are from us, or how old they get, a mother never stops praying and worrying about her babies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Carolyn, many hugs and prayers to you both!!

    Love and hugs from Marian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you today. I know this is so hard.

    Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carolyn, God will richly bless you for your devotion and love to your husband and family. I pray you will find peace and comfort as you learn to thrive in the next exciting chapter of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have my prayers, and so does Amanda. As a daughter who lives far away from her mother, I can tell you it's a struggle for us daughters, too. I miss my Mom so much...it would be amazing to have her close enough to be able to simply drive on over for an afternoon visit. :)

    Love,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~