Thursday, February 12, 2009

Favorite Family Foto Friday

Visit Deborah at Pictures, Pots, and Pens for more FFFF!
Photobucket
I ran across these photos this week! So for FFFF I would like to share the alpha/omega photos of my formal education beginning in 1956. This was my first grade foto attending Washington Heights Elementary.
Photobucket
I remember that darling wool jumper my mother made for me. It was a beautiful brown plaid with a sweetheart sweater. I always loved it!
Then my senior picture in 1968- remember the flip?
Photobucket
I remember we worked so hard to get that flip to hold. (At least, I had to!)

6 comments:

  1. Well, I don't think you changed much during that time. yes, I do remember the flip! You were very cute going into your teens...not awkward looking as I was.

    Thanks for the photos,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the flip and I recently posted a photo of that hairstyle. Thanks for sharing your younger photos.
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    Very pretty young lady! My hair wouldn't flip, it was way too thick! Have a great day!!

    Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mother had a flip hairdo. She had to use a lot of Aqua Net.
    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat comparison! What a cute girl and young lady you were!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw your comment on my blog about your Grandmother's Hope Chest. Believe it or not, I had one of those. I began to put things away that were so adorable right after my first son married. Little did I know that he and his wife would wait nearly 6 years to have their first baby!

    Yes, I remember my flip. In fact, my graduation picture has me with a perfect flip. I don't think my hair moved at all that day!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~