Friday, February 13, 2009

My Husband Rocks, Friday

Photobucket
Visit Katy Lin at The Great Adventure for more My Husband Rocks, Friday.
This week Katy shared a link to Focus on the Family which has listed the top Ten Secrets to a Successful Marriage. I hope you will visit this list and take it all to heart! How we view our spouse and how we are willing to change daily, what I believe is actually dying to self, is what keeps marriage new and fresh after 37 years.
Photobucket
Amanda tells me" Mom, you have got to stop catching dad on camera unawares. He looks like a deer caught in the headlights!" I think he's cute!
#10
"A crisis doesn't mean the marriage is over. Crises are like storms: loud, scary and dangerous. But to get through a storm you have to keep driving. A crisis can be a new beginning. It's out of pain that great people and marriages are produced."
I love to drive, not I like to be the controller, but actually it mostly started because I used to get rather carsick. Now I see that just keeping driving, keeping the marriage on the road, heading on down that rocky road together is so very important. The road can really throw you come nasty curves, but then it smoothes out and the view is breathtaking~~ something one just does not want to miss! So keep driving!!!
Photobucket
(Karen's Whimsey's)

3 comments:

  1. 37 years is a great inspiration! You must be doing something right! I like that you said you're still keeping it fresh. Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have always seemed so very happy.One can easily see the LOVE here...Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of wisdom there Schotzy!! My hubby would take my camera away if I kept snapping shots of him!! LOL!!

    You're right about the dying to yourself in marriage...it can make all the difference in the world!!

    Happy Valentine's Day, sweetie!!
    Have fun and have a great weekend!!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~