Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Harvest Table

For  Tablescape Thursday  I have finally  decided  my  fall  dining room  arrangement that will  take me all the way to  Thanksgiving with  only minor  changes...  I posted recently  of my dilemma  in deciding  how to go this year,  but  after I  found my lovely   blue-gray pumpkin...   the way was clear!

The  barrel   that hosted these  fabulous treasures  called them  the " sweet pumpkins"  so Im going to have to    give it a try  for  Lynn's special  pie  sooner or later...  but for now   it graces the table regally!
 photo IMG_5538_zpsw6redxhj.jpg
I decided  the pewter  would  be prominent  on such a  table this time...    these two  items  seems to call out to each other...The rich tone of the golden ginkgo leaves  really  draw out the  subdued tones of the    darker  shades in the pottery and    the   table cloth..
                         photo IMG_5553_zps2o1jypzq.jpg
The gold is   mirrored on the side board  to tie  in with the   tablescape! 
                  photo IMG_5554_zpsofrkkoyk.jpg
After Lynn worked on the antique  chafing dish  that was   squirrelled away in the basement  ,....   so   tarnished and in ill repair...  it  seems right at home    now   with  candlelight reflecting  in it's  patina!
 photo IMG_5547_zpsm8rz4k2u.jpg
Now I am in  the mood to  create  a  festive  dinner party    to celebrate the  blessings  of the season~
 No one could say it better than  Autumn Bliss   magazine ...
"In fall, nature bestows her blessings with reckless abandon, leaving remembrances scattered throughout the land.  As the majesty unfurls,  gather up your favorite items....." Tis the season to share the bounty of    love and  make memories that   we can  hang to in the leaner years  that  inevitably come, whether in loss or older age... Enjoy the splendor as we are able...  partake of the harvest and live life well!
 photo IMG_5545_zpsh6lsrwze.jpg
Now to set the menu and the  guest list....  I  know already who it will be!....(Smiling)
Thursday Favorite Things
Home Sweet Home
 Grace at Home
Simple and Sweet Fridays
Anything Blue Friday

11 comments:

  1. What a lovely table setting! I love your pumpkin and how you have chosen china and trimmings to pick up on it. Thanks for sharing.

    Autumn blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandi.... It is a great feeling to be able to get back into the creative mode..... after a long time of feeling lost in the mire of loss and grief!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love setting a pretty table and you have done just that!! Happy Autumn ! I love your dinner plates....stopping by from Grace at Home blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty!! Dad must be channeling his inner "carson" to polish so well :)

    love you,
    a

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHAH, yes Carson was absolutely present that day... working so hard to revitalize this lovely item that has been hidden away in our dungeon, .. I mean basement for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful setting. thank you so very much for the kind words you left on my blog. really appreciate your prayers, be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your table. I like it when something takes the lead like the pumpkin that helps you make your decisions on how you're going entablescape. Great dishes and tablecloth. It's nice to see polished silver as it was meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Liz for the kind commnets and I agree.. I think we did momma proud.. She is smiling in heaven because her chafing dish is lookin' good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. watch for your feature tomorrow, xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is perfect for fall and Thanksgiving! I love gourds and pumpkins! Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~