Sunday, October 18, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday



Return to the SAHM here
On the weather front:
 I am actually  writing this Sunday afternoon because tomorrow is a busy day!
Today is  gorgeous,  but much cooler...  we awakened to  temps in the 30's..  it is  55  now...  with another   cold evening on tap!


On my bedside table:
Jesus Calling by Sarah Young
The  Armor of God Bible Study by Priscilla Shirer
My  phone with Bible app
an ink pen
a glass of iced water

On my TV:
I have  always enjoyed the Hallmark  romances....  today was  Stranded in Paradise.. ok, I like James Denton, and  I was  flopping back and forth to the  Hallmark mysteries channel to watch remember Sunday....looking forward to tonight's new Jesse Stone Mystery.

Favorite Youtube Video last week:
Any and all of  the great   British preachers of the  20th century,  Derek  Prince... here is the link of several of  his sermons!
I love how he   expounds on the entire Bible ... he never picks and chooses... during  his ministry of over  50 years  he   understood the   Bible  like no other   I have ever heard!

News story that caught my attention:
Hearing that  our state governor is applying the same  unlawful  use of   power to  bypass    the General Assembly to follow   our president's  desires of   starting  a ban on  firearms...... so now  law abiding  citizens are not allowed to bear  arms in certain places,   whereas  criminals intent to kill  as many  innocents  as they can seek out  gunfree zones  in particular to  create  mayhem.   I don't  understand  this thinking  whatever!  Do our lawmakers ever  study what happens in  gunfree  cities like  Chicago, Washington,  and  NYC...  They certainly  have   a lot of innocents being killed by  firearms...!!

On the menu for this week:

Monday -Chicken quesadillas,  salad
Tuesday - chicken salad
Wednesday - Loaded baked potato and salad
that is all I know at this time 


New Recipe I tried or want to try:

Apple Cranberry Crisp
INGREDIENTS

Filling
6 tart apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced (5 if the apples are large)
1 1/4 cups chopped cranberries (about 1 1/2 cups whole cranberries)
2/3 cup granulated sugar
Topping
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
6 tablespoons cold butter, cut in small pieces
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 8 Servings
PREPARATION
Heat the oven to 375° F.
Combine the sliced apples, cranberries, and 2/3 cup of granulated sugar; turn into a lightly buttered 11x7x2-inch baking dish.
In a mixing bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and flour. Cut in cold butter until coarse crumbs form. Stir in chopped pecans.
Sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly over fruit and press down lightly.
Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until topping is browned and fruit is tender and bubbly.
Serve with a generous spoonful of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream.


On my To Do List:
Dr. appt  with dear Hubby
facetime with  our  precious  children and grands
laundry
straighten  the   den and living/dining room
work on Bible study


Looking forward to:
dinner   with friends later in the week..  these are   precious neighbors  of ours who moved  to  an outlying  community and we   miss them and their children so very much!   Looking very  forward to this time together.

What's going on this week:
We have  church activities this week.... including  a dinner,   choir practice,  teaching on the Biblical world view... Lynn will be getting  some painting down outside...   a couple of windows need  painting.....

What I plan on doing for myself this week:
I have heard the Lord speak  to me recently regarding a study   I did a few years ago.. which I truly believe that study was  meant for me  to know  for the near future....  taken from Malachi.. God was looking for  one who would  prepare  the way of the Lord.... John the Baptist  did that  at the first advent...Ive been  researching  and  I know that God is seeking many in our world today to be doing the same  to prepare the people for what is coming... I am praying for time this week to  apply myself to  this writing  and perhaps do a series on it for my blog  and  to  put on facebook as well.

Favorite photo:

 photo autumnaroundhome031.jpg

Lesson learned the past few days:
As  I am  small group leader in the Armor of God  study,  I   am learning how to  much better apply the weapons of our  spiritual battle against the devil, the world, and our flesh.   last week we  discussed the shoes of the peace of the gospel....  and how we    live at peace  with our circumstances.  We learned that thanksgiving activates our peace....that is why  we are  to be thankful in all things!...for when we  trust  God  we know that nothing comes upon us that He  didnt  allow or ordain in advance... and He is right there  along beside me through everything   moment of every day.  Praise  God

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:















2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! You are always so sweet and encouraging...and admittedly, I totally play with the cursor on your screen to make the little stars go all around. lol
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my first time here and may I say I LOVE your blog. So beautiful, encouraging and relaxing. I especially love your favorite photo this week.

    LOL I'M WITH JOANNA. Playing with the stars is fun.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~