Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday

                                 
Click here to return to to the DOTSAHM.

The weather outside is::::

Frigid  with snow!

On the breakfast plate this morning:::: 
Cup of coffee , 2 hard boiled eggs and  2  yummy biscuits  with butter

As I look outside my window:::
Snowflakes are  dancing on the   frosty air.....

Right now I am::::
Baby sitting   my   darling   2 year old  princess who is napping! 


As I look around the house::::
Well,, it isnt my house....and   housed within these walls  are   said 2 year old,   a new born and   sweetest  young  mom and dad ...  dad returned to work today,  mom took   the  doodle bug to  her  first pediatrician appt  with  my hubby... and I am looking  at  various   toys and  infant items strewn about the room....    I love it all!


On today's to do list::::
Laundry....My wonderful husband also  started the laundry this morning and  did the marketing...
I sorted  and out away yesterday's laundry... yes.,  it is  an everyday occurrence around here!
Cleaning....is a never ending job.. well.. picking up .... over and over and over, and over.....
I did make the beds an d opened the blinds
Made lunch and   have the items out and ready to start dinner   soon....

Happening this week::::
For me  mainly the same thing....  all depends on the weather whether we venture out for a  break from  the  cabin(fever).. I would love a stop at Crate and Barrel...others have various appts and  places to be,  but  I have my   precious ones to  cherish all week!


Currently reading::::no time to read!


On the TV today::::  
I did watch DOOL  since  it being the  50ith  Anniversary,  something major happens every week,.....  seems  everyone is getting killed off the show!
Still reveling in the premiere  of  Downton Abbey from last evening...  So  sorry to see it end this season!
Looking forward to new  hallmark  series and  movies.....

On the menu this week::::

Monday - Potato Soup
Tuesday - Taco salad
Wednesday - Spaghetti

What I am creating at the moment::::
I have the most adorable fabric to layout,  cut and   sew  into matching  daughter /mother    aprons....  Pray I get them done!

New recipe I tried or want to try this week::::
Before Christmas I  found  a Linzer cookie   tool  and now I am anxious to make some.. I bought the  ingredients so it is a matter of  finding the time....I know a 2 year old who  is  also anxious to help me!
Land O'Lakes

Linzer Sandwich Cookies Recipe 
1 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon almond flavoring*
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups all-purpose flour

Powdered sugar
Small decorator candies, if desired
White decorator gel, if desired
3 tablespoons seedless raspberry or apricot jam
Directions

Combine butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, almond flavoring and salt in bowl; beat at medium speed until creamy. Add flour; beat at low speed until well mixed.

Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a ball; flatten slightly. Wrap each in plastic food wrap; refrigerate at least 1 hour until firm.

Heat oven to 350°F.

Roll out dough on lightly floured surface, one-half at a time (keeping remaining dough refrigerated), to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with 2-inch cookie cutters. Cut out center from half of cookies using smaller decorative cookie cutter. Place cookies, 1 inch apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 7-9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to cooling rack. Cool completely.

Place cooled cookies with center cut-out onto waxed paper; sprinkle with powdered sugar. Decorate with small candies attached with decorator gel, if desired. Spread bottom-side of cookies without cut-out with 1/4 teaspoon jam. Top with center cut-out cookie, powdered sugar-side up.


Favorite photo from past few days::::


Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::
Image result for 2 Corinthians 5:17   image

2 comments:

  1. Love your post. I hope you have fun babysitting. Thanks for the cookie recipe they look good I will put this on my list to make one day. Love your qoute too. Visiting from the link up. I hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies look really yummy! Matching mother and daughter aprons sound so fun. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~