Monday, January 18, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday


Click here to return to  our hostess!



The Weather:::
very cold and  windy...brrrrrrr...  but sunny...   love the  light!

Right now I am: 
I have just returned from the eye doctor  and am looking forward to lunch out with  my best pals!!!!

Thinking:
So sorry to admit I never got those 2 aprons I wanted to make for the girls started....  such a procrastinator these days....  I  must get them done and oin the mail this week!!!!

On my reading pile:::
Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young
Set Apart for God, by Derek Prince

On my tv:::
Wasn't Downton Abbey just grand last night for  all  you DA  fans..... aw...  loved it!!!!
I am also so enjying The Monarch of the Glen on netflix....  I am coming down the home stretch on that one... started  season 6  this weekend!

If you know  me well, you can imagine why I love this  show so much!

Something fun to share:::
No matter  how  mature (old) one gets  just the thought of us gals getting together    (they're  the sisters  God gave me)    is  so  much fun.... our  luncheon is at 1 and then we reconvene at Dot's house and I  just know it will be  nigh unto dinnertime  when I get back home....  we can chat up a storm esp. since we havent seen each other in several weeks!!!!

On the menu for this week:::
chef salad
spaghetti
chicken schintzel
leftovers

On my to do list:::
continue  taking down  christmas and  decorating for   winter....  I love  snowy/icy  settings around the house..

Sewing project
Recipe Im interested in trying!  I saw this on fb and Im dying to try it!!! Doesnt it look  delish!!!???!!  And since my  chicken breasts are so thick....  slicing in half just makes for leftovers the next day!  yayayayayay!

CHICKEN SCHNITZEL MY WAY


CHICKEN SCHNITZEL MY WAY
You start with 4 large chicken breasts.  If you like, you can pound them thin, however, I prefer to simply slice them in half longitudinally.  Slice them as if you were going to stuff them, but then keep on cutting until the two pieces separate.  This way you have chicken cutlets!  You can place a piece of plastic over them and pound them thinner, if you like, but I didn't think it was necessary for my chicken. This way of cooking chicken is incredibly flavorful.  You can serve it with your favorite sides.  My family loved this chicken recipe.  


3/4 cup Gluten-Free Bake Mix 2, OR simply ground almonds/almond flour mixed (175 mL)
  with a bit of coconut flour 
1/2  cup grated Parmesan cheese, (60 mL)
  (not the fresh kind)
3/4  tsp salt (3 mL)
1/2  tsp Italian seasoning (see below in Helpful Hints) (2 mL)
1/4  tsp black pepper (1 mL)
3 eggs
1 tbsp water (15 mL)
4 large chicken breasts
Light-tasting olive oil, for frying
Garnishes:
Lemon wedges
Chopped parsley

In medium bowl, combine Gluten-Free Bake Mix 2, Parmesan cheese, salt, Italian seasoning and black pepper.  Mix well.  In another medium bowl, beat eggs and water together well with a fork. 

Remove any excess fat or tiny chips of bone from the chicken.  Slice the chicken breasts in half longitudinally.  Slice them as if you were going to stuff them, but then keep on cutting until the two pieces separate.

Dip each piece of chicken in egg wash and then spoon seasoned bake mix over chicken pieces. 

In two nonstick frying pans, place 3 pieces of prepared chicken.  Fry 5 minutes on medium heat on one side until golden brown underneath, flip carefully and fry another 4 to 6 minutes, lowering the temperature, if they are becoming too brown.  Check smaller pieces of chicken first.  Make sure there is no pink and that the chicken is white throughout.  Do not overcook or the chicken will no longer be tender.  You want the chicken to be moist and tender under the “breading.”  Serve with lemon wedges and sprinkle chicken with chopped parsley.

Helpful Hints:  Olive oil has not been taken into account in the nutritional analysis.Italian seasoning is a mixture of oregano, basil, marjoram, rosemary and thyme – mix in equal quantities to make your own version.

Yield:  6 servings
1 serving
224.8 calories
27.0 g protein
10.4 g fat
3.5 g net carbs

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
I  have the  fabric and pattern all set to   make  a matching   pair of aprons for  mommie and    Birdie... have to get it doen this week.... 









Looking around the house:::
So glad we had the house clean  before we left  for our month long trip to Boston... never expected to stay that long....  just need to  dust,  and have Lynn vacuum,

From the camera:::
Lynn was teaching Biride some computing and beleive me,   she was taking it all in!!!  She is one smart cookie!  Talented, as well!

On my prayer list:::
The world, the church,  persecution, God's provision,  against evil plots and that they will be exposed and eradicated,  the family and  friends


Bible verse, Devotional:::

4 comments:

  1. That recipe looks really good, I hope you'll share how it turns out. It sounds as if you are really looking forward to getting together with your friends. I have a group of friends where we try to get together once a month and I am always so sad when I have to miss out like I did last month. Very cute pictures. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get those aprons made! Have fun :) I hope you can stop by:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2016/01/happy-homemaker-monday-11816.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE schnitzel! We had it all the time when I was a little girl...yet another food for my bucket list!
    Stay warm, friend!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~