Thursday, July 19, 2012

Gate Leg Treasure

A Delightsome Life
Click the icon  to return to The Delightsome Life for more Home and Garden !

I am gradually adding in some pieces from my mom and dad's home as they  have   downsized  big time  in their Assisted Living Apartment...I had to  get rid of some furniture to make room for the new!!
Photobucket
My favorite piece is this  wonderful antique gate leg table that my grandfather made...  I remember as a child sitting aorund this as a kitchen table on the dairy farm at Grandpa Cox's  house... When my mom inherited this piece it was the  table no one else wanted.   Covered in  many layers of paint and  fairly rickety to boot,  it wasnt  the  greatest  table...  but   the styling  and the  wonderful walnut  refinished  gorgeously...   and  I absolutely love it... Photobucket
  I will need to  use it as a side board  for the time being... and  I dont want the  sunlight to  bleach it out so I suppose it will mainly have to be covered...
Photobucket
But where there is a will, there is a way!
Photobucket
Note: For those who visited before  I have changed my address url.  Please take note of that if  you  like!   God bless!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Schotzy! Oh, I love that pretty table and it will work wonderfully as a sideboard. Thank you so much for letting me know about your new blog address!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That table is gorgeous. Good idea to use it as a sideboard.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~