Thursday, July 5, 2012

More Blue Mood Realized


                                                            
A Delightsome Life

Kathy at the Delightsome Life  hosts this special theme each w eek...  this week  the  topic is  home decor but   I  must deviate just a bit because since this is my birthday month,  I have treated myself  just a little..  I  couldnt pass up stopping in at the consignment shop and yayayaya I did a bit of thrifting... which is  unusual for me and I cant wait til  another week to share about it!!
I  have been in a blue mood lately....  I'll blame it on the  hot  stormy weather! I have heretofore  been able to pass right by  blue transferware, but today it was    grabbing me!
At first it was just these 2 cereal bowls, by Royal Stafford...
Photobucket  
but at 3 dollars each, they were such a steal... I thought, |"well, they would look  super  mixed in with my red  transferware... just for fun!
Then right around the corner...   there  they were!!
Photobucket
Six plates for $12.00....  I was hooked now on  blue's!!!
  My mind was  swirling where am I going to put these....   but  who could turn them down,...  I looked up online and  saw     1 plate for $26.00....
  Then I remembered  Amanda will be  here next week...   and how sweet to have a whole new look  just for her  first breakfast with us!!!!  YES!!! I was convinced!
Then I  found  these!
Photobucket


Photobucket

Not  any  pattern in particular    made in China  but for  5 dollars  they   look pretty  nice with  this  find  that I  also  love!!!

Photobucket



Johnson Brothers  Thanksgiving  Frozen Up  pattern.. so  to present a bit of  home decor   I  have  a new  montage on my plate hanger  which is setting  a mood for my  new blue     mood  I am creating! HAHA!

Photobucket


Last but not least  I  visited my friends  booth,  Buttons and Bows, and  found  these  wonderful  items!!!
Photobucket
  I  was sold on them when I read the label...
Photobucket
Real English Ironstone Wm. Adams and Sons  England
13 pieces for 42 dollars....   Id say,   that  was  nice   shopping trip!
Happy Birthday to me!!!
  And now I get to play with them!
You'll be the first to see what I come up with!

Also  sharing on 


Friday Blog Party




Rooted In Thyme

4 comments:

  1. Would you share which consignment shop you were in? My friend was visiting this week from Winchester and mentioned several we passed. I told her I'd never been to any of them around here, except Buy the Season - and I'm not sure if that counts as a consignment store. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these wonderful finds on Simple & Sweet Fridays.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I'd say that was a nice shopping trip - marvelous blue finds! And Ironstone - LOVE it! I greatly appreciate you sharing the party and the button - it means a lot to me!
    I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty pieces! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~