Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Independence Day Dinner

lPreview
Let's Dish is a fun  mid week theme and  one I  am delighted to share on today  for   Independence Day!
As  stated previously  Lynn and I are celebrating  rather low key today,,  partly because  it is so very hot outside, and  because   there are  still 23,000 in our  community   who a re stuggling  with no  a/c or power today...    but  since  we did enjoy  a nice  festive  holiday  dinner,,  I would like to share about it...
alas, my beautiful hydrangea is suffering the ill effects of 100+ degree days so I am using my silk arrangement..


oops, I forgot the napkins. hehehehe


Always so happy to use my South Hampton china from Mikasa and the ZWILLING J.A. HENCKELS Flatware vintage 1876 is a happy accoutrement with any setting!


A simple square of red gingham tops my more formal tablecloth and makes an easy and very inexpensive covering adding just enough color and attitude to the anbiance! Gives it a bit of a picnic flavor!


Flameless candles give off just enough sparkle yet keep us ever mindful of the cooling a/c we are so very appreciative of this week!

So what was the menu?

Barbecued Chicken strips


Tomato mozzarella cheese salad


Mom's famous potato salad


A lovely cold fruited melon salad


deviled eggs



This rather old fashioned menu brought Lynn and I happy memories of Fourths we had celebrated years ago with friends and family!

And after all that is what holidays are all about!

I will also be sharing on 




5 comments:

  1. Your table is very sweet....Love the menu...everything sounds perfect for this 4th of July. thanks for stopping by and leaving your sweet comments. Happy 4th to you. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are fortunate to have had our power restored after almost 24 hours so we are enjoying our a/c as well. I used my flameless candles during our outage!

    Your table is lovely. Adding the red and white gingham adds a nice, patriotic touch to your table. The centerpiece is just beautiful, too. Dinner looks delicious!

    Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Menu sounds good to me. Love the touch of gingham on your table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great spread! I love your table too. Very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The table looks festive and the menu sound delicious. We got a break in the heat wave today, hope you did too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~