Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tabletop with an Attitude


Summer Cloche Party
  Visit Marty at A Stroll Thru Life  for   the  party!I am still just looking so forward to  autumn...   and today I am thinking  I smell a bit of  fall in the air!    I'm claiming that anyway!    So  it is this time of year  when I feel very  homesick for the days of  yore.. days when  we'd plan to go up to the country  to the  Lord's Acre sale...   I loved to see the harvest coming in and      faithful church  folk  selling  canned    goods and    handcrafted items  to benefit their churches!  So it is no wonder that  I  am inclined to  bring forth the country feel in my kitchen!
Photobucket
Photobucket
  I love  my little boy  with his geese  figurine..   It reminds me so much of my dad  who used to   do his chores around the farm...f eeding the stock and  driving the oxen  in the fields... even at a young age....    country life  depended on every family member  back  in those days!
Photobucket  One of my very favorite country motifs is the weeping willow which has a meaning that I so deeply associate with...'beautiful but full of melancholy, attractive, very empathetic, loves anything beautiful and tasteful, loves to travel, dreamer, restless, capricious, honest, can be influenced but is not easy to live with, demanding, good intuition, suffers in love but finds sometimes an anchoring partner.' That  fits me to a tee!( Not taht Im so beautiful,  but  I   have always been  a melancholy sanguine type personality..


The Melancholy’s Emotions
*Deep and thoughtful
*Serious and purposeful
*Talented and creative
Artistic or musical
*Philosophical and poetic
*appreciative of beauty
*Sensitive to others
*Self-sacrificing
*Conscientious
*Idealistic

The Sanguine’s Emotions
Appealing personality
Talkative, Storyteller
Good sense of humor
Physically holds on to listener
*Emotional and demonstrative
*Enthusiastic and expressive
*Curious
*Wide-eyed and innocent
Lives in the present
*Changeable disposition
*Sincere at heart
*Always a child

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful vignette. Recently I visited someone I hadn't seen in years and was amazed at how his weeping willow had grown. It was simply beautiful, as I'm sure you are, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat post. Of course I love your cloche. Gorgeous and your weeping willow vignette is beautiful. Thanks for joining TTT.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~