Sharing with Susanne this week.
1. Although this has been a week of many ups and downs,,,, twists and turns... it just goes to show that life well lived is never boring..... and I must say I am thankful for a half of a tablet of Xanax every day. This week is also proof that the closer one tries to get to the Lord the busier the enemy is throwing obstacles in our path to try to trip us up and derail us... But praise God, He is bigger than all my needs, with Him all things are possible, and by His authority we are victorious!
2. Memories of special times and places are another of God's gifts to us as we get older and are capable of looking back and reliving golden moments ... But small reminders are fabulous as well... like these photo cards I purchased on our Vermont in Autumn trip we took a couple of years ago... HAH, even though all travel advice we received told us to be there the first week of October... we arrived just in time to see the maple leaves on the ground and the oaks were yet to turn... so I found these lovely photo cards. I love autumn colors!
3. Planning to have my BFF's over for coffee, brunchy type food, and great chatting is a huge delight for me.... For one thing, this time, it is exciting because except for one of the gals no one has seen our new kitchen... so that will be really fun... another thing is the holiday season upcoming is so different for us this year.... we have no idea when and for how long we will be going up north to be with the family ... and my friends' schedules have gotten very complicated. as well, so I am taking advantage of this time to give them their Christmas gift.... besides the nature of the gift is something I do not want them to inadvertently get for themselves before Monday! So, for me, it's Christmas!!! YAYAYAYAY!
4. The last couple of days have been awesome, weather wise, unfortunately, I don't go out much because of my allergies which are all messed up at this time.... but the blue skies, and autumn colors, the mild temps, and the peaceful atmosphere is a bit of heaven on earth.
5. One of the joys of preparing for the holidays this year is that I won't be having the family here, but we will be going away for the first time to our daughter's and the fact that her second child is due mid to late December makes it all that much more amazing... but that makes this a bit different kind of Christmas for us here.. not so much decorating.... YAY! Not such a mess here on the dining room table gifting wrapping and all the meal planning for the week of celebrating! But this week, it has been amazing, as well.... shopping for craftsy yuletide materials to keep our granddaughter happy and occupied... packing all that material away, but not too far away because we never know when we might get the call to get on the road... planning all of my Thanksgiving events here with friends early, so I can then use the house as our staging area for getting all the items together we need to take with us.... including my wrapping materials and our favorite christmas recipes for I will be doing all the cooking..and because my basement is storing quite a bit of their baby items... and lastly, doing most of our Christmas shopping for family online and having the gifts delivered up there so I can wrap on daughter's table.... what can I say.. it is a new season of life!