Sunday, November 8, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday

Return to     The Diary of The Stay At Home Mom here!

On the weather front:

Today is  rainy and  cool...  a great day to   stay  inside!  Although I have friends coming over, so I want the house to be as cosy as can be!


On my bedside table:

Jesus Calling,  by Sarah Young
The Battle Plan for Prayer  by   The Kendrick Brothers
(War Room)

On my TV:
I barely turn on tv   unless it is to watch The Property Brothers
 Barefoot Contessa 

Hallmark Movies  like the  Signed, Sealed, and Delivered  series...   I love those
On the menu for tonight:
Left over pizza...  love leftovers night!

The week ahead:~
~choir practice for Christmas
~Brunch / chat time with  my  BFF's
   ~Lynn    for   some medical testing
~Face time with our kids
~Laundry and cleaning
~Allergy appointment
~Exercise at the CAC
~Sunday School fellowship planning  breakfast at IHOP
~Prayer Chapel hour

On my To Do List:

~planning a harvest  dinner  party for  a couple of couples
~laundry
~start packing up   the ton of items  we will
 be  taking  north  this winter
this will be an ongoing  job
~Hair color
~do some Christmas  present ordering online

New Recipe I tried last week:
I am interested in trying this one this week
 - Photo © Elizabeth Yetter

INGREDIENTS
3/4 cup warm water, 95 to 110 degrees F
2-1/4 tsp or 1 pkg. (1/4 oz.) active dry yeast
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ginger powder
1 Tbsp shortening
1/2 cup milk, room temp.
3 cups bread flour, about
3/4 cup candied mixed peel

Prep Time: 120 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes

Total Time: 165 minutes

PREPARATION
In large bowl, add water and yeast. Stir until yeast is dissolved. Stir in sugar, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger. Add milk. Mix in enough flour until the dough follows the spoon around the bowl. Turn dough out onto floured board. Knead in flour, a tablespoon at a time, until dough is soft, not sticky. Knead in candied mixed peel.


Grease medium bowl. Place dough in bowl and then turn dough over so that the dough top is also lightly greased. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and let rise for 1 hour in warm, draft-free place. Punch down dough. Turn out onto lightly floured board and knead for 5 minutes. Shape dough into a single loaf. Place loaf in greased 8 X 4-inch bread pan. Cover and let rise in warm, draft-free place for 45 minutes or until double in size.


Bake bread at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes or until bread top is golden brown and the bread sounds hollow when the top is tapped. Remove bread from pan and let cool on rack. Serve toasted, with butter and jam or marmalade

.
Looking forward to:

My  brunch  /chat time  this morning with my  BFF's,  Dottie,  Lynne, Colleen, and Judy. We try to get together  once a month or so  to  share,  pray and  plan for   upcoming prayer  events  for Christians  United to Pray... We are a  great  group of women  who  share and hold one another  accountable..  and we have  such a wonderful time together  because  are  iron sharpening  iron...  we study together  the deeper truths of God's Word and  do book talks...  we  always look so forward to our  time  together. I am  making my     Christmas    quiche   except  this time we will 
be crustless- Someone else is bringing fruit, and  another  pumpkin muffins. YUM!!!  and we  enjoy  several cups of   coffee while we    chat.... 

  photo c84d6696-10e8-46ab-a422-d54b2c381d77_zpskublatls.jpg

Homemaking Tip for this week:

I have organized my  Southern Lady and  Tea Time magazines by the season and  I   get them  out   each  couple of months and enjoy them...    they are just so  very   similar...  it  does save me some money  and  just having  the seasonal ideas is enough for me...  I have so many of them  from past years..  they a re one magazine I can't throw away!

Favorite photo from last week:


This is my ever burning candle   that  I was inspired last week to  burn  and each time I see its  glow to  think of  5 things for which I am thankful... just  ordinary things... 

  • Pandora....  listening to instrumental praise  this afternoon   what a blessing
  • ice water  in a frosty glass.
  • the warmth of my  velour sweatshirt I am wearing today
  • the  prescription eye drops the  Dr called in for my allergy eyes...  what a relief
  • my pocket calendar  that  saves my bacon  every week.  I couldn't do without it!

Lesson learned the past few days:

The  spiritual formation that  comes form  writing scripture   .  I posted last week about  a  writing  scripture challenge    where  you a re given   portions daily to write and mull over as you  write...  I  absolutely love the   habit of   attending to  God's Word daily in this manner...


On my Prayer List:
repentance, thanksgiving,  supplication for:
family,  church, friends,  our city,  our nation,  the division in our nation 
Israel,  or  government


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:


2 comments:

  1. I love your house...I kind of want you to come decorate mine! Have a great week, friend!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~