Monday, November 23, 2015

Season of Gratitude Celebrated

For us Thanksgiving has come and gone.....  and it was  a time of   reflection,  grace,   sharing,   and  gratitude  with   not only   some of our  very best friends   but  our whole church fellowship as well.. I almost giddy with it all  so when I  saaw this erse it really  resonated with me
"The morns are meeker than they were,

The nuts are getting brown;
The berry's cheek is plumper,
The rose is out of town. 
The maple wears a gayer scarf,
The field a scarlet gown.
Lest I should be old-fashioned,
I'll put a trinket on." 
- Emily Dickinson
Saturday evening the  table was  bedecked and  ready for our guests.. the candles lit and  the  kitchen  permeated the home with  the  sweet aromas  of    harvest  meals   of the season!

 I even made   two large pitchers of   hubby's favorite   ice tea!!!   Something  I hadnt made in sevearl years!
 The parlor  was  alight   with   the fiery tones of  autumn... ready for some casual    conersation and   warm   friendship!
 I   absolutely love the six  turkey plates I got this season  that  go so well with   my   black  Royal Stafford   transferware!  I am definitely a mix and match gal!
 I decided with this   bunch of   pals   it wa s best to put the guys at one end and the gals at the   other  so we could all  really  chat up a storm  unheededly....  So  I  found some  cute name tags  for each setting...  Of course, I placed the guys at the end nearest the kitchen so   hubby could   play  Carson, the  butler, for the evening!!!!
Looks like the table was ready.....   and 
 the side board was  clear  for  extra  food!
 Now for the food....    I  wrote in a previous post  my menu....  here are the   delicious  turkey cutlets  braised in Madeira  sauce..   the  sauce there on the side!  YUMMYY!!!!Recipes wre previously posted as well!
Hubby  prepared his   delectable  kale  here  dressed with  crumbled   apple  wood  smoked bacon...
Fluffy mashed potatoes.. I did add  a dollop of  sour cream to these  which  made them  rich  and yummy!
                     These   sweet potato  Medallions  were   a hit...     roasted with a  brown sugar and orange glaze.
 My first attempt at a molded  salad....   it almost came out !  hahaha .. but  it was  also  completely  homemade   another  also first attempt!!!  I will never purchase   canned   cranberries again!!!!!
and I really  enjoyed    the green bean casserole...   I believe it was because I  made it in a  flat    quiche dish and everything  was   just the right amount of  bubbly...   YUM! Oh, and I did add  splashes of  worstershire to it...  !
My   brothers and sisters  in Christ...   love them so much!!!!





Then last night our whole church, about  350  people  came out for a   fabulous   Thanksgiving   dinner... the church provided the meats and   the tables were  laden with  family's  specialie of the  season!   WOW!  it was   amazing...  but  the evening began with a time of repentance and then a  glorious  communion service!!  We are so blessed....  let us never forget  that as a nation!And   now... I get to pack  autumn all  away and   start sorting through Christmas !!!!  Yippee!!!!  
How exciting.. last week I was     featured  here!                                     ARTLFEATURED BUTTON-1
                        I am sharing on

                      Make it Pretty Monday
                      Return to Loveliness
                      Grace at Home
                     Thursday Favorite Things
                    Home and Garden Thursday   
                     Tablescape Thursday
                       Home Sweet Home

3 comments:


  1. Food and table look wonderful!! So glad that you, like us, have wonderful friends-like-family to share Thanksgiving with!

    Love you,
    a

    ReplyDelete
  2. The table and the food looks fantastic!! Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~