Saturday, November 7, 2015

Giving Thanks for the Ordinary

I found this   wonderful  November  theme    on a friend's  post and    really  felt  I needed to join in..l. think    having a heart of  gratitude is   so important.  God spoke of it  over  again in His Word.
Our hostess, Courtney puts it this way:
In November in America, we celebrate the holiday of Thanksgiving, so it is fitting that we apply 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 in our homes this month. It says:

“Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances;for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”

We are told to rejoice, pray and give thanks because this is God’s will for us!

I believe we will be greatly blessed by living this out in our homes. Let’s do this together!
This month, I want to keep our candles going and each time we see the flicker of the candle, give thanks to God for something ordinary. I’m not talking about the big things like our home, family and jobs (which I am deeply grateful for!) but the ordinary things we take for granted – without ever giving a prayer of thanks. For example:
The candle we just lit ... Our pillow...   Our toothbrushes...    Washcloths ...  Pencil ...  Eye glasses...
The refrigerator ...  Windows...    Socks and underwear ...    Chairs  ...   Electricity"


 In everything, give thanks!!!So I am  now going to light my candle!
I placed my candle in the heart of our home...  so I will be reminded  more and more each day  of the small  ordinary  gifts of  life!
  • blogging friends
  • gentle reminders
  • morning coffee
  • soft music
  • God's work in my heart   No small  thing, but becasue I am spilling over with that this morning)

2 comments:

  1. bless you for the beautiful, powerful prayer you left at my blog. I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~