Monday, November 23, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday

Return to     The Diary of The Stay At Home Mom here!

On the weather front:
This is our  coldest morning of the season.....   looking bright and beautiful,  but   brrrr!!!!

On my bedside table:
My new  Dec-Jan  Scotland  Magazine...
  The front cover   says   10 Best  Nature reserves,   and  the  Aberdeenshire  castle trail   
The Battle Plan for Prayer  by   The Kendrick Brothers
(War Room)

On my TV:
Yesterday  I really enjoyed  Angels and  Ornaments  from  
Hallmark Movies
I will confess for all the years I watched   Days of Our lives.. I have tuned in some   last week  to   see  what they are  doing for their 50ith  anniversary.. They  brought  many of the old    characters back...   like   Bo Brady...   it was very   sad to see him die in  Hope's arms  Friday...  the end of a great  romance  of  daytime  tv.

On the menu for tonight:
 leftovers night!

The week ahead:~
~choir practice for Christmas
~Face time with our kids
~Laundry and cleaning
~  get  booster  pertussis shots
~Take down the   autumn and put up the Christmas!!!!

On my To Do List:

~start packing up   the ton of items  we will
 be  taking  north  this winter
this will be an ongoing  job
~Hair color  Maybe I will really get it done this week....  been  trying to for  a couple  of weeks now! HAHAHAA
~do some Christmas  present ordering online

New Recipe I tried last week:
The Sweet potato recipe is found here!

Looking forward to:

My Christmas decorating...   my  most favorite time of year.... since we celebrated Thanksgiving  last Saturday  it is now  time to   deck the halls!!!!   

 Homemaking Tip for this week:

  Give thanks for  the home....   for  God's provision  in your family and    the peace of God will  abide   with you...!

Favorite photo from last week:
Special, special friends around our   table!!!!

Lesson learned the past few days:

Trust and Obey  for there is no  other way to be  happy in Jesus   than to  trust and obey.....   no truer words were ever sung....  but   we have to do it.... to find  His peace, mercy, and provision!

On my Prayer List:
repentance, thanksgiving,  supplication for:
family,  church, friends,  our city,  our nation,  the division in our nation 
Israel,  or  government


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:

Psalm 16
1 Keep me safe, my God,
for in you I take refuge.
2 I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord;
apart from you I have no good thing.”
3 I say of the holy people who are in the land,
“They are the noble ones in whom is all my delight.”
4 Those who run after other gods will suffer more and more.
I will not pour out libations of blood to such gods
or take up their names on my lips.

5 Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup;
you make my lot secure.
6 The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance.
7 I will praise the Lord, who counsels me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
8 I keep my eyes always on the Lord.
With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

9 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will rest secure,
10 because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead,
nor will you let your faithful one see decay.
11 You make known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.






5 comments:

  1. Your Thanksgiving Table looks lovely! So glad it was a special time!

    Love you-- talk to you tomorrow,
    a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, this is a great post. So nice to see you. I joined Sandra a few years ago and remember you. I loved reading about what your up to. Have a great Thanksgiving! I've loved visiting again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    Poor Bo! My Mom and I always watched Days of Our Lives together, this is the end of an era!!!!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been a DOOL fan for many years and have been watching too! So sad about Bo.

    Those sweet potatoes look delish!! Looking forward to precious family time this week. Wishing you many blessings for a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~