Friday, May 29, 2009

Beautiful

Yesterday our senior choir, The New Spring Singers, of which I am a member was very pleased to celebrate our end of year social at my dear friend Gerri's beautiful home. Like a picture in a book, her home is extremely welcoming.
Photobucket
It is, as well, on the bluebird trail of which I am a detached member...meaning, I live probably at least 5 miles away! Actually, Gerri lives just a house up from Dottie, our Bluebird leader. HEEHEE. Their area is out in the county, actually up into the mountains south of here. The serenity and remoteness allow for all types of wildlife but especially a wide range of birds. My dear friends work hard to cultivate songbirds and other birds which have heretofore been declining in number. Their beautiful gardens attract everyone, especially we New Spring Singers who were so happy to share in their delights!
Photobucket
Many of us arrived by church bus for our fabulous luncheon. I was very fortunate to visit and dine out on the enclosed deck which was only one of the venues for the day!
Photobucket
This overlooked the dazzling gazebo and peaceful gardens below!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
You can see just how conducive to birding this space really is!!!
Out front the gardens include this expansive terraced waterfall and pool. The running water mesmerizes the spirit and soul!
Photobucket
It was so fascinating to feed the carp!
Photobucket
Just a short walk down the street is Dottie's gorgeous home.
Photobucket
I took the liberty of snapping a few shots there as well.Again her landscape hosts many types of birds, as well.
Photobucket
Next time we talk about going out for coffee, I'm suggesting to stop in here!
Photobucket
I felt so relaxed and refreshed after such a wonderful time spent with happy friends in such beautiful settings!!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous house and yard! I love the screened in porch. I can't wait to build one onto my house.

    Hugs,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this beautiful home and yard and thank your friend as well! Happy Pink Saturday to you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~