Monday, May 11, 2009

The Simply Woman Daybook

Photobucket
Visit Peggy at The Simple Woman for more daybooks!
For Today...May 11, 2009
Outside my window...
another cool, overcast day. I do love them, though, much better than hot, dry, drought which we've suffered through the last couple of years! Thank you, Lord, for this respite!
I am thinking...
oh, boy..... Amanda and Josh will be here in less than 65 hours!HEEHEE
I am thankful for...
God's provision, His blessings, His giftings, His Holy Spirit living in me!
From the kitchen....
I have no plans at this time for anything from the kitchen.... not in a kitchen mood this morning... hopefully, later, I'll have a culinary desire grab a hold of me.... much, much later!
I am wearing...
pjs and spa robe!
I am reading...
Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell
Patricia King's book, Decree!
Scotland magazine
Church in the Wildwood, an anthology of short stories, one of which was written by a personal friend, Pamela Griffin.
I am hoping...
to get the house pretty much in order today for our illustrative guests this week!
I am creating...
notes pertaining to Decree , which I will be sharing with the prayer team soon.
I am hearing...
Lynn rummaging around his closet getting ready for work this morning!
Around the house...
I have hopes of making a few changes....rooting out areas that dont feel cheery and lightening up for a more springy feel.....bringing some outdoors in!
One of my favorite things...
light! I love natural light in a room!
A few plans for the rest of the week...
Monday: retired teachers' luncheon
Tuesday: exercise class in the morning... maybe meet a friend for coffee????taking mom to the hairdresser in the afternoon
Wednesday: Bible study, fellowship dinner, pick up the kids at the airport!!
Thursday: spending the day with Amanda and Josh. Probably have a cookout and then take them to his parents' home.
Friday: Go to the Virginia Tech graduation exercises to revel in Joshua's receiving his degree then back to Roanoke to celebrate at Carlo's!YAYA!
Here is a picture I thought I'd share with you...
Photobucket
This was Amanda and Joshua as they were leaving to move to New England back in February. We so look forward to seeing them this week as they as they return for a even a few days! We are extremely proud of them both. Joshua has such an amazing job there, and we are praying that a certain job she interviewed for last week makes her an offer this week! God is good, all the time!...All the time, God is good!

1 comment:

  1. I bet you are counting the hours and minutes before you get to see Amanda and Joshua! I hope that you all have a wonderful time together!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~