Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday


Photobucket


On my bedside table:
Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell

Decree by Patricia King

What in the World is Going On by Dr. David Jeremiah

Teatime magazine, June Issue



On my TV:
"24" We tape this every week!


On the menu for tonight:
BBQ chicken, devilled eggs, salad, asparagus

On my To Do List:
I need to start cleaning the house for guests- especially the guest room and upstairs whch has gotten sort of ratty.

New Recipe I tried last week:
I want to try this eggs benedict recipe which I'd love to serve my family when the kids come home next week.
http://www.bhg.com/recipe/eggs/eggs-benedict


In the craft basket:
Nothing, I need to get something going


Looking forward to:
Amanda and Joshua's visit home next week as they return for his college graduation. This is quite a big deal as he receives his PHD. I know it will be a whirlwind visit, but I just can't wait!!


Homemaking Tip for this week:

We keep empty plastic grocery bags folded and stacked on the bottom shelf of our linen closet up stairs to use as trash can liners. I carry the new household products and toiletries up stairs in the bags then save them for further use as trash bags. It saves me many steps.


Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
http://alambinthefield.blogspot.com/2009/04/tynemouth-priory-pt-1.html
I was completely mesmerized by Stacey's account of their visit to Tynemouth Priory!
Favorite photo from last week:

Photobucket
I took this photo last week, but am sharing about it today! This cute dollhouse is my mom and dad's home. Just about a mile from us, I love this cute English cottage--- just right for them at this time of their lives.

Lesson learned the past few days:

When temptation comes and tries to twist your thinking, immediaely think on things above, and give your whole attention to God!

On my Prayer List:
Family, Amanda and Joshua setting up a home far away, Amanda's job situation, our church, National Day of Prayer response, salvation of several friends and family members

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
Visit the Diary of a SAHM for more!

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your list.

    Love the cottage photo, it's just adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom and dad have a beautiful home. I can imagine how excited you must be at the prospect of seeing Amanda and Joshua! Flying visit or not I am sure it will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your parents house is so cute. reminds me of the house my grandparents lived in when i was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading your list and your mom and dad's home is so pretty...it looks just like the home I grew up in Georgia!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~