Friday, May 1, 2009

My Husband Rocks, Friday

Oh, ho, I was reading Katy Lin's post this week, entitled My husband Puts Up with Me, and I just had to post how Lynn puts up with me. Yesterday, I was braising a lovely beef loin and it was going to take most of the day, so cooked it slowly for a couple of hours, then turned it way down around 9:15 as I knew I'd be gone until around 1. When I returned home I turned it up to about 4 to reestablsh the cooking until I had to leave for my doctor's appt at 3. But I was pulling into the doctor's office when I remembered I had not turned it down. Panic set in as I repeatedly called my mom and dad to ask dad to fly over and cut off the stove. But their phone wa continually busy. Finally, I called Lynn at work and had to confess what I'd done. He said, "I 'll run home and check on it."
Photobucket
I dreaded the aftermath of it when I got home. I must admit I was expecting to have a "sit down discussion" about it..... but, he just kissed me and thanked me for calling him so he could do something about it. So there he was ~had come home from work at 3:30 and had to go back to finish up more work. I felt terrible, but ecstatic too, he's such a great guy!!!! Visit Katy Lin for more MHRF!
P.S. The roast turned out great. I took it out and sliced some last night and drizzled BBQ sauce on it and zapped it under the broiler for a few minutes! Oooooo so tender and delish! Tonight I just sliced some off and warmed it in the microwave and heated up the roasted veggies with it! Yum! I love that. and I will have at least one more nice meal out of it. Wonderful cut of meat. Melts in the mouth and not one bit of waste!

5 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Husbands who extend grace to us in our shortcomings are truely a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Schotzy, your hubby does rock. He is a keeper for sure. How did the roast turn out???? Big smile.

    Hugs...Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gal!! What a sweet post about your dear hubby!! I am so glad that I can say right along with you that my hubby rocks, too!!
    30 years with me...you betcha!!

    Have a joyful weekend!!
    Hugs,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweetie pie! I think we were both blessed with special men in our lives!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~