Saturday, May 16, 2009

Earthquake

This morning Lynn and I were startled from our sleep by a loud, what sounded like a sonic boom, noise at about 4 am. I woke up and said, "What was that?" Lynn said, "I don't know but it shook the house!"
Immediately our ac come on and Lynn said, "I hope the air conditioner isn't going out or something. I laid there for a few moments wondering, but finally thought it must have been a blast of lightning as the sky was so threatening all day yesterday. Then we woke up to hear that we actually live about a mile for the epicenter of a 3.0

that shook our end of the state!
I truly believe we will be hearing about many such "wake up" calls from God in the coming days, hence I have tagged this phenomena!

9 comments:

  1. I hope that is the end of your quakes!
    Have a great week, in the pink!
    Blessings~LillySue

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a awful thing to wake up too. I sure hope you don't have any more of those...

    Hugs;
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO ... you started Pink Saturday with a bang, then...lol...Happy Pink Saturday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! Thank goodness it wasn't a large one. The last big one we had here in WA State was 8 years ago, about a 5. It wasn't loud though, it was sort of a rolling of the Earth situation. Glad you are safe and well! Have great weekend and a Happy Pink Day

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have only experienced a very small earthquake once... I have one word, and one word ONLY for that experience.. SCARY!

    Congratulations and best wishes to Joshua!

    Happy Pink Saturday, and hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There was also a 3.0 quake in north Texas. That was their 3rd in 7 months. I have noticed that there seems to be more quakes occuring. For a wile there, the news was reporting on one almost everyday in all parts of the world. I have to agree with you that God is waking us up and Jesus will soon return. It is amazing to me to see what is written in the Bible is happening right before our eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This reminds me of waking up from the Los Angeles earthquake in (I believe it was) 1972. It was very very startling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carolyn,
    Here I am trying to catch up with my visiting blog friends and I discover you've had an earthquake! My goodness! I hope that's it for awhile.

    Congratulations to your Joshua. It must have been a wonderful celebration for you all, and extra special to have time with your daughter!

    Your azaleas are just gorgeous. They are one of my favourite flowers. Oddly enough, we have azaleas and rhododendrons way up here in the north of Scotland! And gorgeous hydrangeas.

    May God be with you and richly bless you, my friend!

    Stacey <><

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~