Monday, May 18, 2009

Simple Woman Daybook

Photobucket
Visit Peggy at The Simple Woman for more
For Today...May 18, 2009

Outside my window...
It is rather chilly and wet. The temps are dipping 10-20 degrees early this week. It is the mid forties here this morning, the birds seem to rather like it, there is music in the air all round us!
I am thinking...
how wonderful it is to have Amanda visiting with us a few days. Knowing she is still sleeping under our roof this morning is a sweet blessing.

I am thankful for...
family. We are so blessed with our daughter and son-in-law. There could be no finer young people anywhere...there are so grounded in their faith, their marriage, their success, working together to create their life together. Lynn nor I have any cause of concern for them whatever. Praise the Lord!!!
From the kitchen...
Amanda did tell me she wanted a big breakfast including sausage gravy while she was here....perhaps Wednesday morning.

I am wearing...
my pj's and long terry robe.
I am reading... a short story anthology, The Church in the Wildwood. ..very sweet stories that chronicle the life of a small Missouri church through the generations beginning in the mid 1800's.
I am hoping...
that God will lengthen the days during Amanda's visit and that our time together will be sweet and funfilled. She flies home midday Wednesday!
I am creating... an atmosphere of love, coziness, and good cheer for Amanda's visit.
I am praying...
for Amanda to hear about a new job upon her return home, and for healing for some close church family.
Around the house...
just a little laundry.
One of my favorite things...
chatting over coffee with family and friends!!!
A few plans for the rest of the week...
I will be closely watching my bluebird house to see the babies fledge. They're due to some time his week! I'd love to share that moment with Amanda!!!
Monday: Shopping, meeting Lynn for lunch, visiting my parents
Tuesday: exercise class, going to Blacksburg for Amanda to meet a couple of friends for lunch while I peruse a couple of new shops, back home and visiting with my parents again to eat out on their patio
Wednesday: Probably do the big breakfast and linger over our coffee. Meet Lynn at the airport around noon and put Amanda on the plane early afternoon.
Church activities.
Thursday: prepare to take Lynn to the send off for his Walk to Emmaus! and I'll be involved with background work with that most of the rest of the week!
Friday: Dottie and I are taking our mothers and a dear friend to breakfast...

Here is a picture I'd like to share with you...

Photobucket
Friday night we celebrated Joshua's graduation at Carlos, a Brazilian restaurant that sits high up overlooking our fair valley. The panoramic view is exquisite. I was very proud of my dad. Nearing 90 in July, he was so cute as he ordered Franco Tropical, a really neat dish of chicken smothered with fried pineapple, papaya, and bananas. He loved it! This is a far cry from the usual food he asks mom to fix.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like you have a great week in store! Enjoy the time with your daughter! You're dad is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a busy week ahead! I am looking forward to a "slower" week. :)

    It is cool and crisp here in NJ. This morning it was in the 30's when I woke up.

    Blessings

    Gina

    You are cordially invited to enter my May Country Heart Giveaway drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new background looks GREAT-- at least on my computer! I'm definitely glad you changed it ;) I'll look forward to listening to your new playlist in the next couple of weeks too! Such a sweet picture of Pop-Pop. I'll send over my pictures whenever I get around to downloading them from my camera!

    Love you and do post when the birdies fly away!!

    amanda :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~