Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Messianic Passover Seder Table

Photobucket
It's Wednesday   and time to visit Cuisine Kathleen for ~ Let's Dish!
Last year we celebrated    our Messianic Passover Seder meal    in the sunroom....     and it was a larger family gathering..
Photobucket
The dark loden  green linen  cloth seemed to set off the antique  Syracuse Portland patterned china we  had previously inherited from Lynn's mother...      it was also  a nice backdrop for the  taffeta table runner our daughter had given me for my   recent  birthday  ...     Since it was  a  formal  presentation  and  program  meal it seemed appropriate to use my wedding silver...  my Joan of Arc pattern...  The Seder meal    uses ceremonial wine  throughout the program  so  I enjoyed using my German wine glasses  we purchased   in 1973 when we lived in Mannheim for a year..    the live lilac and  tulips  offset the  floral pattern in the  china and a welcoming  tablescape   set the tone for our inspirational  meal... This year  the table is still in development....     God bless  any who happen to visit.... 

10 comments:

  1. I still haven't been able to attend a Seder meal yet but I hope to sometime. Lovely dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The table looks lovely, beautiful china.
    Thanks for linking up to Let's Dish!
    A Sweet Passover to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very pretty - love the colors - and your real floral blossoms are WONDERFUL!!

    Passover blessings by yours.

    ~Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your china! Very pretty setting! I'm now following.

    http://www.remodelandolacasa.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday to you! Your dishes from Mannheim are beautiful I wish I had started collecting dishes long ago from all the places we have traveled. They make such a nice souvenir, every time they are used. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, I left Mannheim in January of 1973!!! Love your Rheinwein glasses!! Lovely table! The green is the perfect backdrop! Happy Easter, many blessings, xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your table is set so beautifully for the Seder meal. The dishes are very pretty with the sweet floral pattern. Thank you for coming to my blog and leaving the nice comment about my spring flowers. Thanks also for having my party button on your sidebar, I appreciate that.----------- Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous dishes, I love the pretty romantic pattern to them. Your table looks so pretty and inviting. Have a Blessed Passover.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautifully done! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely table...lots of green!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~