Friday, April 13, 2012

Thankful Thursday





Visit Grace Alone for more Thankful Thursday...
The road of life is hard, let us count our blessings as we travel this road…




“Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him; bless his name”
~ Psalm 100:4 (NIV)


As a child of the living God I have so much for which to be thankful! As I am learning to really trust Him and believe what he promises in his Word, I am learning more each day, bit by bit, just how much I can be thankful for. For His truths unfold in life, bit by bit, just enough for us to internalize and begin to apply or act on.
I've always been thankful for the physical blessings, for he is faithful to provide whatever I need. I have learned to trust Him in many areas of my life. He has taught me to have peace in times of trouble, He has taught me that he is in control of all things that affect us. I am learning that He is carrying me through the deep waters not only in my circumstances, but especially in my exploits for him by the power of the Holy Spirit. This week I am learning how He is creating a new attitude of service in me. I praise Him for preparing my heart and mind and by His Spirit, he is revealing to me His plan for my life. A while back I received a word from Him about the "open door". I have pondered this for some time and wondered about it, but today the Open door was revealed- a new ministry of prayer is starting at my church and I was priveleged to meet toether with a group of women who have been impassioned for this next step in their spiritual walk, who have committed to working together as the hands and feet to help propel our pastor's vision. Personally, I can look back in the past few months and see the manner in which God has been preparing me in wisdom, understanding, and reliance on the power we have through kingdom authority which will make our prayers more effectual for kingdom growth. God is so amazing- His ways so wise. I am thankful beyond measure that He has chosen us to stand in the gap for Him and for the church. I am trusting Him for the energy, the passion, the focus, and the vision to personally stay the course. Praise the Lord!

3 comments:

  1. It is nice to have you join us for Thankful Thursday. How exciting to look back and see how God has been preparing you for this next step. May He bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful. It is such a blessing to find what the LORD wishes for you to do and to be able to share it with sisters in the LORD.
    I hope you have a blessed weekend,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~