Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Rainy Morning Tea

Photobucket
Bernideen's Tea Time is a lovely site for  getting your  inspiration for  all things tea!  Today she is hosting    Friends Sharing Tea .....a  delightful  theme ...  and this morning  is none better  than to  share a rainy morning  tea breakfast!
When Lynn got up this morning, he  said it was a waffle morning...   but I was thinking all along  we needed more of a gentile  wake, me up....  thus our Waffle Tea idea was birthed...
Now I am not complaining about the weather... I actually love a rainy  spring day  especially when wildfires have been raging out of control in our state...
  and the cool morning air  is fresh    as the pollen is  being  washed away....  but  no reason to be drear inside just because it is dark and drear without!
Photobucket

A base tea cloth  sets a fanciful tone, the bright sunny  mats   capture and hold a warmth that  fills  the  soul...  the aromatic  English Breakfast Tea    draws us right to the table!
Photobucket
THis morning  we are dining on  our Country  Roses  from  Royal Albert...  both the   specialty plates and the  specialty cups....
Photobucket
  which I havent seen since I purchased 4 of them   a few years ago.....I need to replace a cup,,, if anyone  knows where they can now be purchased!!!!!
Photobucket
NO reason why a delightsome tea party can't be shared  just between us two!
Photobucket
The George Foreman Grill  makes  huge waffles,  so  once I  quartered them,  they piled up hugely on the plate!...
Photobucket
Delicious  drizzled with pure maple syrup!
Photobucket
along with a side of crispy bacon.....  a leisurely, delectable rainy morning  tea!
Photobucket
Today I am joining  Martha's Favorites as well,    on Teacup  Tuesday.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Carolyn,

    What a beautiful post! I love how you and your husband turned a dreary morning bright with your cozy breakfast. We are finally enjoying some rain here in Pennsylvania, too. It has been a nice chance from the heat of the recent week. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your china -- I've never seen that particular pattern! And what a great breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love the sound of a rainy morning. Your waffle tea is lovely. What a cute post with your old country roses! Thank you for linking to Friends Sharing Tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carolyn! We are at the same tea party, Bernideen's Anne of Green Gables. I also love the rain...so cozy. You have beautiful rose china. The table looks lovely. Denise from englishpurpleribbon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~